What's new

Say, whatever happened to MICROCOSMOS? (1 Viewer)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Buena Vista was supposed to release this buggily beautiful gem in R1 yesterday (Tues, 1/13/04), but DEEP DISCOUNT DVD dropped it from their site, and it doesn't seem to be in stock yet at AMAZON, DVD EMPIRE, etc. DVD PRICE SEARCH claims it's out, but they might be on auto-pilot with that info.

I haven't seen any announcement anywhere of a delay or cancellation of the title.

Wha hoppen? :frowning:

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I received an e-mail from DVD Empire stating that it has been taken off the schedule for January with no new release date (along with Sonatine).

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
One can only hope that this means Buena Vista will eventually be releasing these titles in their correct Aspect Ratio ( as there were some indications that both titles were to be released in 1.33:1. )

On the other hand, I'm still wondering if Zentropa, which was cancelled 10 months ago, will ever make it out of the vault.

- Walter.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
The Laserdisc release is framed at 1.66:1. ( Still the single best looking LD title in my collection. I'm very happy that I hung on to this title, and my sympathies to those waiting on the DVD. The film really is beautiful. )

- Walter.

TimJS

Second Unit
Actually, this was cancelled a little more than a month after announced:

From the 10/21 news at DavisDVD .

Not that it's much consolation.

When I read abt the cancellation, I remember thinking, well at least I wasn't all pumped up with anticipation.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bipbop13
Recent bookmarks