What's new

Show Off Your System! The HTF Theaters Thread (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
That was before I wiped it off with a wet cloth. There's a spot on the front grill I don't know how to get out yet.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Assuming the grill detaches from the front of the cabinet, I might think a damp cloth would, at least, lighten that spot.

If it was just concentrated dust, maybe a blast of compressed air first? I guess vacuuming is also a popular thing to try:

Here's a creepy AI clip: :D

There's a ton of YT clips in cleaning grills.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Got it off, and wiped it down with soapy water, Stain is sill there but now its less visible. Think that's about as good as I'm going to get.

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my (nearly finished) humble dedicated home theater setup. I've done my best with what I can in a rental property (dark walls and ceiling to enhance the viewing experience were a bonus). Still some cable management to do, in the process to have the A/C fixed, a new sofa coming and the bladeless white fan having to go. Unfortunately, due to renting, I can't make major changes like installing a fixed screen (Vividstorm floor rising motorised out of my budget and didn't need a 0.6 ALR screen), so I decided to buy the Elite Yard Master 2 Outdoor/Indoor screen.
Setup:
1) Elite Screens Yard Master 2 Indoor/Outdoor 100in screen CineWhite UHD-B 1.1 gain (alignment is not perfect though, but I could avoid Keystone corrections)
2) Andrew Jones Speakers (including front Dolby Atmos version) 5.1.2 setup
3) SVS SB-1000 Subwoofer
4) Panasonic BD UHD 4K player
5) Hisense UST laser projector PL1H (calibrated with Calman/Spears&Munsil UHD disc - Cinema Day and Filmmaker modes, including White Balance/Gamut and Gamma corrections). Actual luminance is 14-16FL (SDR/HDR day viewing) and 16-20FL (SDR/HDR night viewing)
6) AVR Denon S750H
7) + HDFury Integral 2, PS4 with HDMI 2.1 cables...

Any suggestions or tips to make the most out of my setup are welcome, thank you!

HT.jpg

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my (nearly finished) humble dedicated home theater setup. I've done my best with what I can in a rental property (dark walls and ceiling to enhance the viewing experience were a bonus). Still some cable management to do, in the process to have the A/C fixed, a new sofa coming and the bladeless white fan having to go. Unfortunately, due to renting, I can't make major changes like installing a fixed screen (Vividstorm floor rising motorised out of my budget and didn't need a 0.6 ALR screen), so I decided to buy the Elite Yard Master 2 Outdoor/Indoor screen.
Setup:
1) Elite Screens Yard Master 2 Indoor/Outdoor 100in screen CineWhite UHD-B 1.1 gain (alignment is not perfect though, but I could avoid Keystone corrections)
2) Andrew Jones Speakers (including front Dolby Atmos version) 5.1.2 setup
3) SVS SB-1000 Subwoofer
4) Panasonic BD UHD 4K player
5) Hisense UST laser projector PL1H (calibrated with Calman/Spears&Munsil UHD disc - Cinema Day and Filmmaker modes, including White Balance/Gamut and Gamma corrections). Actual luminance is 14-16FL (SDR/HDR day viewing) and 16-20FL (SDR/HDR night viewing)
6) AVR Denon S750H
7) + HDFury Integral 2, PS4 with HDMI 2.1 cables...

Any suggestions or tips to make the most out of my setup are welcome, thank you!

HT.jpg

I would probably paint the white AV cabinet/stand matte black or something (besides getting rid of or moving that "bladeless white fan").

BTW, did you simply, mistakenly list the PJ settings backwards (between day and night viewing)? I'd think you want brighter for day viewing instead of night viewing.

_Man_

thebox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marcos
I would probably paint the white AV cabinet/stand matte black or something (besides getting rid of or moving that "bladeless white fan").

BTW, did you simply, mistakenly list the PJ settings backwards (between day and night viewing)? I'd think you want brighter for day viewing instead of night viewing.

_Man_
Thank you for pointing that out. :):thumbsup: Yes, brighter settings indeed for "day" viewing. As for painting the cabinet, that sounds like a great idea! I was wondering if using a spray gun could be effective for achieving a matte black finish? :emoji_thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks