What's new

Sound Sub Advise please (1 Viewer)

Foxman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ
New to this forum (first post) and have been researching subs. Heres the layout. Room is roughly 17x20 with standard 8' ceilings. Upgrading to Rotel next month. Using Klipsch RF-7 front and RC-7 center. Boston CR-7 suround. I am currently using an old Klipsch SW-8 sub. I will use my system 60-75% HT and music the rest. Budget is 1000-1300. Subs in finals:
SVS,
Paradigm Servo 15, (best looking sub with the wood finish)
Mirage BPS 400, (Monster, weighs 110 lbs very cool)

Others considered:
M&K MX125 Mark 2 (these are my least favorites)
Velodyn HGS series (a little pricy)
Velodyne SPL 1200
Sunfire True Mark iv
2 B&W ASW 650's

Bottom line is, I want a sub to kick me in the chest..too knock my wife off the coach. I also would also prefer only one sub and Although I like the SVS, I lean more to the traditional cube/box design. According to SVS a cube/box design is do out but is a way down the road. The sub I am leaning towards would be the Mirage with dual 12" drivers and a 400Watt RMS amp. ANY thoughts. I would love to hear from someone who owns a BPS 400 also.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
They are suppose to have a cube box out with the same amp/sub as the 25-31pci mid january if you can wait.
From what people say they can't be beat for the price.

Chriss M

Second Unit
if the size of the sub is not an issue, take a look at the VMPS Larger sub. It's 23x32x19 and 140 Lbs., and that doesn't even include the amplifier as it's a passive sub. It uses a 15" and a 12" driver and a 15" downfiring PR.

Foxman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ
VMPS....Hm never heard of that one, I will check that out. I bought a Paradigm PW2200 off Audiogon cheap to tide me over until I can get a sub that will do all I want of it. That Paradigm just came yesterday and fofr the money its a nice piece, but still not quite what I want long term. It may afford me to wait on the box SVS and try it out though.

Foxman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Russ
Chris thats a nice looking sub, I would imagin it pounds you in the chest. I havent had a chance yet to find them online, but I will right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks