What's new

SPAM "from" HTF via email only? (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Got an email a while ago that reads as 100% genuine unadulterated spam. But the email itself - at a glance - looks identical to the legitimate email copies of internal HTF mail I'm accustomed to seeing, right down to the graphics in the body, the From address, etc. Two copies of it came over, the second one two minutes after the first.

Came here to find no such mail in my conversations, which tends to confirm it comes from outside HTF. But if so, what an amazing hack.

I also doubt there's any such member as "suswill" ("Susan and Desmond Williams"). Or is there? I don't remember if there's a quick way to search for members without starting a "conversation" I have no intention of sending.

Does an owner or mod wish to examine that email before I simply nuke it as spam and move on?

Thanks!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Ok - so this was a spammer who registered and then PM'ed you guys. A moderator must have banned them, which automatically deletes all their posts and conversations shortly thereafter.

Sorry for the confusion!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
So, perfect timing on us getting the emailed copies. :)

I'll just delete mine instead of reporting an email from HTF as spam, this being a one-off,. Thank you so much, Dave!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ontocloud9
Recent bookmarks