What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Matilda (1996) (4k UHD Combo SteelBook) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png
THE BELOVED FAMILY FAVORITE DEBUTS ON 4K ULTRA HD™ WITH AN ALL-NEW DIRECTOR COMMENTARY
76fd1bbb-86ec-b73d-2464-3a463f3700c5.jpg
AVAILABLE AS A LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK
SEPTEMBER 5TH
fd2e3d45-8494-96aa-3799-e1e956d9c436.jpg
SYNOPSIS
See the world from a kid's-eye view with MATILDA, a modern fairytale that mixes hilarious humor with the magical message of love. Mrs. Doubtfire's Mara Wilson stars as Matilda, a super-smart little girl who's woefully misunderstood by her parents (Danny DeVito and Rhea Perlman), her brother, and an evil school principal. But with the help of a brave best friend and a wonderful teacher, Matilda discovers she doesn't have to get mad to get even.

DISC DETAILS & BONUS MATERIALS
4K ULTRA HD DISC
  • Feature scanned from the original camera negative and presented in 4K resolution with Dolby VisionAll-new Dolby Atmos audio + 5.1
  • Special Features:
    • NEW: Audio Commentary with Director Danny DeVito
    • Theatrical Trailer
BLU-RAY DISC
  • Feature presented in high definition
  • 5.1 audio
  • Special Features:
    • Afternoon Tea: A Very Magical Matilda Reunion
    • Matilda’s Movie Magic!
    • A Children’s Guide to Good Manners
    • Escape to the Library
    • My Movie About Making Matilda by Mara Wilson

CAST AND CREW
Directed By: Danny DeVito
Screenplay By: Nicholas Kazan & Robin Swicord
Based on the Book By: Roald Dahl
Produced by: Danny DeVito, Michael Shamberg, Stacey Sher, Liccy Dahl
Executive Producers: Michael Peyser, Martin Bregman
Cast: Danny DeVito, Rhea Perlman, Embeth Davidtz, Mara Wilson
SPECS
Run Time: Approx. 98 minutes
Rating: PG for elements of exaggerated meanness and ridicule, and for some mild language
4K UHD Feature Picture: 2160p Ultra High Definition, 2.40:1
4K UHD Feature Audio: English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Compatible) | English 5.1 DTS-HD MA

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is very frustrating to me.

I am happy for 4K adopters that the film is coming out in that format. I also think it's great that Danny DeVito did audio commentary for this release, which definitely adds value to it.

However, I'm also annoyed that Sony isn't making the audio commentary available to me. I don't have a 4K television or player, so I can't use the 4K disc. If Sony would reauthor the Blu-ray included in this package to also have the audio commentary on it, I would probably buy this again just to have the commentary track. But it sounds like they're not doing that because all of the bonus features listed on the Blu-ray are the same as the existing Blu-ray release, so they're just putting in a copy of what I already own.

This way, even if I bought the new edition, there would be no way for me to access the commentary without upgrading my entire system. So I guess they don't want any more of my money.

Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfarrukh
Recent bookmarks