What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Josh Steinberg submitted a new blog post

Stagecoach (1966) Blu-ray Review (Twilight Time)
Stagecoach-1966-poster-1024x773.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for your fine review. TBH, I never liked this film even though I watched it as a kid during its theatrical run. My main problem with the film is the same one you noted in your review. The lead actor just doesn't work for me. If it was Clint Eastwood in that role or even Steve McQueen it would've worked better for me. I've seen this film version about three times over the years, but haven't watched it in decades. Perhaps, I'll give it a try again.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thank you for your fine review.

Thank you for your kind words!

I watched the movie four times while in the review process (twice on its own, once with the isolated score, once with the commentary) and I was hoping each time that I’d like it more than I did. And each time, I came to the same conclusion.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hell, it would have been cool if they had Elvis do that role. It probably would've made a lot more money with Elvis and Ann-Margret. TBH, if it wasn't for a certain female actress/singer, I wouldn't even be mildly interested in this film.:)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
IMDB has this film released with 4-track sound. Of course IMDB has lots of mistakes so, it might have never had a stereo track.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Watched this last night. Didn't expect much with all the bad reviews but I thought it was an OK western. Of course no where near as good as the original. I'll watch again with the commentary.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Belated thanks for a nice review, Josh. I finally watched this TT Blu last night. I was curious about the role of Norman Rockwell in the film--he's in the opening cast list. IMDb lists him as a "townsman," and Julie Kirgo's essay with the Blu says he plays one of the poker players in the early saloon scene. But I wondered if he played the bank customer who appears in the scene right before Robert Cummings steals the money. The bank customer actually has a line or two and might qualify for a credit, while the poker players really don't. IMDb lists an uncredited actor as one of the poker players. Does anyone know who Rockwell might have played in the film?

By the way, I love Rockwell's portraits of the principal cast shown in the end credits. I'd love to have the one of my boy Slim Pickens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks