What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Star Trek Axanar (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I found a link about a month ago to a Kickstarter project called Star Trek Axanar. The producers raised around $100,000 for the Prelude to Axanar that they completed
and is up for viewing at http://www.startrekaxanar.com/. They then raised another$600,000 plus for the feature film. (Even though the Kickstarter campaign is over
you can continue to donate.) The story takes place before Star TOS and the four years War with the Klingons that helped establish the Federation. If you are fan of Trek this is something that you need to check out.

Parker

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What do you know about it? Gave it a quick look, and surprised to see Richard Hatch involved, which gets my attention. But I haven't dug in to see if it's more than yet another fan-driven amateur hour.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I thought this was going to be some cheesy, low budget fan fic but I was actually pleasantly surprised.
I liked it quite a bit more than I thought I would. So much so that I donated a little to the kick starter project.
Hopefully they can keep up the quality for the entire movie. It's certainly no big budget pilot/movie but
I think they did pretty well with the budget they had.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
From what I have read the people that are getting this together have either been invoived with TNG, DS9, Voyager, etc.
in one way or another from production to post production. They have gotten the blessing of Paramount to produce it.

I really look forward to the final product.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geogonz
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale