What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Steve Jablonsky's TRANSFORMERS score CD OOP already? (1 Viewer)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
After streeting just last October (pursuant to a fan petition from what I understand), the disc is now no longer listed at various e-tailers (Amazon, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble).

Does anyone have any info as to what is going on with this disc's availability status?

Although the music is still available via iTunes, I'd like to have the CD. Should someone find it during local b&m browsing, I'd compensate you with a little extra coin for your trouble if you'd be so kind as to pick up one or two copies and PM or e-mail me.

Paul

P.S. - Note: this is NOT the soundtrack CD featuring Linkin Park, Smashing Pumpkins and Goo Goo Dolls.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
It was available at outlets other than Amazon. A friend of mine had it in his hand at Best Buy in December (but ended up purchasing other things).

Where are you seeing something at Amazon that refers to spring 2008?

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul

Rick, again, what are you talking about with these sentences? Perhaps I'm missing something/overreading, but the first sentence reads as though you have seen something on Amazon that refers to a spring 2008 release. May I have a link to that text please? I'm not seeing that and it doesn't sound reasonable. If there were a re-release happening--perhaps because of some rights squabble with the publisher--then I'd like to think a placeholder would be up on Amazon with the date of a re-release that is so imminent.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Yes I did, Rick, and it's just some fan's expression of desire for what he'd like to see released, not a factual statement about something that is happening. Motivated by the absence of cues not on the OOP CD, he's simply saying he'd like to see a "Transformers score 2 disc extended edtion." That is all.

Respectfully, I started this thread as a way to hopefully gain some more substantive information via the HTF Music Forum readership, not to be referred back to typical, vacuous comments in other site's threads. I've also glanced at the "Blue Ray????" (sic) thread there and I'm not impressed with the level of discourse.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Its all i could find, and i am as sorry as you that it doesnt add anything to what we know. And we know nothing. I deleted my posts, since they also added nothing, and were reading like a chat room exchange. However, i would also like to find this as well, as 6 months in print was not long enough.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Thx, Greg. I thought of this earlier and tried it. Before I ever get to anything regionally-specific (such as city or Zip Code entry), I search for Keyword or Title "Transformers," it returns the Jablonsky score as the first hit and says "Status: Not available." I assumed this meant the disc was no longer available corporate-wide. I could still serendipitously find it at a random store, but I'm not seeing how to use the Borders site to tell me which store has it . . .

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I click on Search Inventory at the top and then Add a Store on the page that comes up. This lets me enter my zip. I'll PM you the address of the store that says they have it in case you want to see about ordering it. Chances are, it'll still be there next week, but you never know.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Thx again, Greg. Odd site quirk: it lists the title "Not available" on the same page that it states "Yes" next to that Dallas store (indicating it is supposedly in stock there).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think that means that they are acknowledging that it is out of print, but that a few stores here and there still have a copy. If you contacted them, did you have any luck?

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Yes, Greg--the Dallas store is sending me the one copy they had left after I gave them credit card number on phone. Thank you for the tip!

So for others looking for this disc, try searching the inventories of Borders stores in "flyover state" Zip Codes and, should you find it listed, call the store. At least per what I was told when I called a Borders local to me, the stores don't share inventory and you won't be able to order it online. However, you should be able to purchase it live on the telephone with a credit card.

Thank you again, Greg. This is part of what I was hoping for in starting the thread and an area where the Internet in general and HTF in particular rock.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Amazon now has the soundtrack available as an MP3 download for $14.99.

This beats I-tunes, as Amazon uses 256lbps mp3 compression, and DMR-free. I think they even throw in the artwork.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I quit buying soundtracks when they started costing as much as or more than buying a copy of the entire movie.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Check out Amazon Marketplace, Jesse. Unless the disc is OOP and you have an (IMO irrational) allergy to used CDs, there are tons of bargains to be had; prices way less than the cost of a new DVD (especially if you're looking for deep catalog titles).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks