What's new
World Wide Stereo

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
The SurgeX XR-315 is not something to sleep on! Power treatment and surge protectors are usually one of the last places where most enthusiasts spend their hard-earned money. Speakers and displays offer immediate and tangible improvements in sound or video quality. All too often, enthusiasts with a tight budget buy a simple surge strip which promises protection from lighting strikes and brown outs, but in reality very few actually do so.
Two years ago when I wrote about the SurgeX SA-1810, I mentioned that SurgeX is different from many of their competitors because their technology is non-sacrificial, and extremely advanced. This is why you will see more SurgeX gear in auditoriums, pro-sound setups and commercial theaters than anywhere else, and also why many home theater enthusiasts haven’t heard of them. The SA-1810 was a standalone surge protection unit, but at...

Continue reading...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Thanks for the review, Dave. Wondering how this would compare to my Panamax 5300.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Dave - Never mind. If this unit is what it claims to be it easily bests my Panamax.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve got a Panamax. It’s annoying in that you can’t turn off one of its three banks without pulling the cord. Does this unit let you switch off all outlets from the front face?

At around $1000 I won’t be upgrading soon, but it’s something for me to keep in mind.

Last edited:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Thanks for the review. I’d like to keep it in mind for the next time I am able to upgrade.

ReevaluateAdNauseam

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Hi Dave, I really want to buy the SurgeX XR-315, however, for the life of me I can't figure out if it comes with coaxial protection. On the picture of the back of the device you posted it DOES show coaxial input and output, but in every other picture I have seen the coax inputs are missing. Can you please confirm that the unit does come with coaxial protection?
Thank You!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks