What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Syncing audio on Blu-rays (1 Viewer)

LincolnSpector

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lincoln Spector
Hi.
My BDs come out slightly out of sync; enough to be annoying.

I synced streaming content easily enough with a sync video on YouTube. But for discs, I haven't been able to sync properly. I've tried to use a scene with a slap or a car door slam, but going back and forth again is difficult. Is there a disc with an audio sync test?

Lincoln

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
This might not apply to you but, my projector goes out of audio sync for the Dark Cinema setting and is fine with Bright, Vivid TV, and Cinema.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I have a problem playing Sunset Boulevard- it has sync issues. The default audio is out of sync, but the commentary track audio seems to have the audio synced up with what’s on the screen as the background track. Strange.

LincolnSpector

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lincoln Spector
Are you using a soundbar?
No, I don't have a soundbar. But the problem seems to happen when I play a disc and send the audio through my receiver. I have a 4K player, and have one cable from the player to the TV and another to the receiver.

I don't have a problem when streaming, or when I use a disc and use the TV's speakers.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
No, I don't have a soundbar. But the problem seems to happen when I play a disc and send the audio through my receiver. I have a 4K player, and have one cable from the player to the TV and another to the receiver.

I don't have a problem when streaming, or when I use a disc and use the TV's speakers.
So are you saying you're daisychaining via ARC? Because that will introduce soundlag I've learned.

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Was having a similar issue with my Panasonic 820.
Playing HDR content was fine, but when I played Blu Rays the TV would switch the CINEMA mode, and go out of sync. Turning of the 24p function in the player got everything in line.
This disc is a little pricy, but there's a good sync test.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks