What's new

Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Top-Selling Electronics Brand Elevates Home Entertainment by Expanding Mini-LED and Quantum Dot Technology to More TV Lines
CORONA, Calif., Aug. 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — TCL®, one of the world’s best-selling consumer electronics brands and leading technology companies, today announced pricing and U.S. availability of its new TCL Roku TV™ models across its powerful and popular 5- and 6-Series TV lines. Empowering viewers to enjoy more cinematic and gaming-optimized performance like never before, TCL’s innovative TV line pushes the boundaries of what televisions are capable of and how they can enhance entertainment experiences in the home with stunning picture quality and endless streaming content.
For the first time, TCL’s 5-Series will join its award-winning 6-Series Roku TV in boasting Quantum Dot (QLED) color technology to deliver better brightness and wider color volume. With a measured 100% color volume in the DCI-P3 Hollywood reference color space, QLED color technology...

Continue reading...

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
When TCL displays would randomly show up in our store as online pickups, then get cancelled, we would get stuck with them for months until eventually sold (and then often returned). That was when they were considered an unknown brand, lower than Westinghouse or even our own Insignia brand. We used to call these "The Cursed LCD/LED."

Much has changed in the last few years with TCL. So much so that should one of my displays bite the dust, I will be considering their 6-series displays as a replacement.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The 2020 TCL 5 series are great sets for the money. I just picked up a 55" one, model 55S535, for my living room use. The upscaling appears to be really good from OTA HD and regular Blu-ray. I have a projector HT upstairs so I only wanted a modest set for the living room downstairs.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
What the heck happened to the price of TCL sets?

I paid MSRP of $450 for the 55S535 last October. Now it's listed as a $600 MSRP set.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They’ve upgraded the tech under the hoods so this years stuff is better than last years, that has to be part of it. And the other part is that there are widespread shortages of raw materials and computer chips needed for all sorts of consumer electronics, driving prices up on everything. There are also still logistical issues from the pandemic affecting supply, demand and delivery. It’s pretty much across the board - receivers are in shorter supply and what’s available is going for more, car manufactures are dumbing down the accessories or delaying models, home appliances have long waiting lists in a lot of places, heck, even my local pizza joint has been waiting six months on much needed parts for their oven and have had to temporarily close because they can’t hold it together with duct tape and hopes any longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsytems13
Recent bookmarks