What's new

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
The other way around for me. Season one featured the classic routines A&C had honed to perfection over the years. Season two was a downgrade IMHO, mostly standard comedy stuff not unique to A&C. I also missed Hillary Brooke and Stinky.
A lot to be said for both seasons . Each different which is a good thing. Most prefer season one, which I love, but something about the “fifties sitcom” storylines in season two I really like. But, I’m an A&C fan so they can do no wrong!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
OK, when the USPS tracking indicates "Preparing for Delivery," I hope they mean U.S./Canada Customs, as I definitely do not live in Carol Stream, IL!!!! 😳
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 00-18-12 USPS.com® - USPS Tracking® Results (Cropped).png

Also, Canada doesn't have Mail delivery Good Friday or Easter Monday, so I don't expect CPS delivery before Tuesday, at the earliest.

CHEERS! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
OK, when the USPS tracking indicates "Preparing for Delivery," I hope they mean U.S./Canada Customs, as I definitely do not live in Carol Stream, IL!!!! 😳
View attachment 217980
Also, Canada doesn't have Mail delivery Good Friday or Easter Monday, so I don't expect CPS delivery before Tuesday, at the earliest.

OK, it turns out this has to do with a sellers freight forwarding service option introduced by eBay early last year.

Now, international orders sent by U.S. sellers go to a hub destination, most commonly Glendale Heights in Chicago, which is about 30 minutes from O'Hare International Airport, where packages going to Canada are handled through their Customs. Once the item/s arrive at said hub, the seller's responsibility ends, and is all on eBay at that point.

That said, one would think USPS tracking could do better than a "Delivered, package left with individual" message, though! Thankfully, I thought to Google it, and quickly found an 84 post thread on the topic: https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Buyer-...-my-package-to-some-guy-in-the-US/td-p/490110

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 14-36-57 USPS.com® - USPS Tracking® Results (Tracking No Redacted!).png

The last day of the estimated arrival date for my Abbott & Costello Season 2 Blu-ray set is April 16th, so hopefully there's no issues regarding that!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
What's worse is when you get the dreaded, "Your item is moving through the system" message. That means the Post Office has no idea where it is!
Maybe it's this individual who's handling all the packages? ;)
A&C Meet Frankenstein - Wilbur 6526_1_large.jpg

My understanding is eBay shipping should assign a new tracking number to my son's order at some point. This relatively recently implemented slog of having to endure a transition period of unknown length rather than a simple hand over from USPS to Customs to CPS is kind of annoying, as are the endless "Don't bother following the tracking until your shipment is past the final estimated arrival date" advisement in the thread whose link I posted. The idea of tracking in the first place was in part meant to alleviate buyers anxious state of mind, NOT further inflate it! I guess we just have to keep ourselves educated and abreast of any changes, instead of going into instant panic mode when something looks weird (Googling it does often help!), though it's sometimes easier said than done.

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Maybe it's this individual who's handling all the packages? ;)
View attachment 218114

My understanding is eBay shipping should assign a new tracking number to my son's order at some point. :)
This is exactly what happens:
434106938_1550302628846703_6127036658698319172_n.jpg

Knowing what I know now, my advice wouldn't be to not follow tracking updates, but be sure to follow the main vendor (In this case, eBay) that will provide updates throughout your order/s entire journey to your address, in order to prevent any unnecessary confusion and/or panic! :)

Last edited:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Look at what arrived in our mailbox today!!!! :)
THE A&C SHOW - Season 2 Blu-ray set 434877459_3702379910050129_4691327348094331324_n (cropped).png

THE ABBOTT AND COSTELLO SHOW Series on Blu-ray now complete!!!!
434839733_1207340736903873_5456486860612484156_n.jpg

Huge thank yous to Bob Furmanek and the 3-D Film Archive for their amazing restoration work, and to ClassicFlix for bringing us the best possible presentation of this iconic Classic TV series! :thumbs-up-smiley:

P.S. Regarding eBay's tracking for this order after it arrived at the Hub, to put it politely, it didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks