What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Apple Vision Pro buyers and owners thread (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
May 7, 2024 (7 days ago per): Forbes Article: (Benny Har-Even /contributor)

Why Apple Vision Pro Is Amazing For Movies Thanks To One Key Technology​

What’s so different about the Vision Pro for movies is that it’s technically on a different level from other headsets. The images are so bright and sharp. The critical difference is that you’re getting 4K resolution to each eye and it offers a wide color gamut (WCG), high dynamic range (HDR), high frame rates (HFR) and 3D. And for stereoscopic fans, what's amazing is that it's delivering 3D and 4K at the same time - better by far than Blu-Ray 3D that was stuck at 1080p. Yes, it means that for 3D, the Vision Pro makes streaming a better option than physical disc - with the one person at a time caveat. Think of the Vision Pro then, as your own private Dolby Cinema.
However, up till recently, no home entertainment device could play TrueCut motion content
What is TrueCut Motion?
TrueCut Motion is a motion grading technology from Pixelworks, which enables filmmakers to adjust the shutter speed and the judder level of movies. This is most noticeable in presentations on sharp images projected onto very large screens with high brightness – in other words, premium format screens equipped with 4K and laser projectors.

The TrueCut Motion logo appears for the first time ever on Avatar on Disney+ when viewed on Apple Vision Pro.

Last edited:

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have to say I would not want to wear any VR headset out in public. In public areas, I would want to be aware of my surroundings and the people in it at all times.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I have to say I would not want to wear any VR headset out in public. In public areas, I would want to be aware of my surroundings and the people in it at all times.
Having used iPhones in public and observed many people use iPhones in public, I’m not sure what this “aware of my surroundings” is you’re speaking of. 😝

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Just tonight, we’re walking home from dinner. I look ahead, and no one’s on the sidewalk coming towards us, all the way to the house. So I’m head down on my iPhone searching for movies for us to watch tonight.

And suddenly I’m about to walk into a young women walking the other direction!

I hopped over to my side and apologized to her as I do so.

So, aVP might actually safer than a smartphone if it actively highlights people coming into field of view while using it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FFMichael
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale