What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Avengers - Crystal Dynamics, not the movie cast (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Cosplay Avengers, assemble!
Fun AND good looking so far. Got a few hours in, voices have stopped bothering me. Bedtime. More tomorrow!

Qs so far: There's no button to take a picture in photo mode? You have to go into share menu and take a screenshot there? DUMB if true.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
As I gather, it's not supposed to be the movie cast--
It's the print characters brought into line with movie canon (which Kevin Feige wants to do now), so they don't have to pay image-royalties to Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo.

And we know it's a synthesis of "Future Phase IV" movie canon with print, since Kamala Khan is now pushed into a lead role, they skip over her "Inhumans"-tied origin from the print comics, (as MCU is done with that), and Black Widow is seen fighting the Taskmaster. They're certainly putting a lot of bets behind next year's movies and Disney+ shows.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It was never supposed to be the movie cast. But we are so tied to the MCU these days that rebooting to new cast introduces disconnects.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Campaign finished. Natalya sucks completely. Had to punch it down to easy to finish her final fight, there was no way to beat final boss without getting wiped out by unblockable stuff. Everything else was doable on Normal. Frustrating but not gonna cry over it.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Upgraded from PS4 to PS5. Followed the instructions. Lost all progress.
This whole process fucking sucks.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Sam - did you have a PS+ cloud backup? I think it separates PS4 and PS5 game saves, so you may be able to re-load the PS4 version and keep your progress.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I found the game in the PS5 section of the store, but when I selected it, the PS4 version of the game started downloading by default. I had to click a separate tile and claim a "$0" upgrade to start downloading the PS5 version. Definitely not intuitive.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Big news today:

Also, ICYMI they are making a GOTG game which looks amazing. I'm making a separate thread for that.

Sam - did you have a PS+ cloud backup? I think it separates PS4 and PS5 game saves, so you may be able to re-load the PS4 version and keep your progress.

Because of the Black Panther expansion I REALLY wanted to try to get my data back. Turns out my old console wasn't sending cloud saves.

My nephew has my old PS4 Pro. He logged in as me and saw I was at 92% so he knew he had the old saves locally. But he hasn't patched the game since I gave him the console. His internet sucks and told him it would take 6 hours to patch. So instead had to go to the options menu then select upload. Then I downloaded his and overwrote mine on the PS4 version on my own PS5, then did migration, then loaded the migrated files. What a mess but it worked!

NO IDEA why it wasn't constantly saving to the cloud! But we made it do it and now good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks