What's new

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
richard-gallagher has published a new article.

The Black Sleep Blu-ray Review

black_sleep_F-150x150.jpg

The Black Sleep is an old-fashioned B horror film about a mad doctor which is worth seeing for its exceptional cast of iconic actors. It has...
Continue reading the original article.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
I screened this over the weekend on my projection system and enjoyed it a lot. The sets are kind of low rent, but the acting isn't. Basil Rathbone in particular takes the script very seriously. But Carradine really hams it up with his Shakespearian schtick that he was famous for doing for tourists on Hollywood Blvd back in the day. Overall, I enjoyed it. When Tor came on the screen, I had to grab an image with my iPhone to use as a Facebook profile image.

blacksleep.jpg

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Chicago's Horror Host SVENGOOLIE riffed on this one back in the '90s. I bet that Rich Koz would love another shot at this one with the potential Hell's Kitchen/Chef Gordon Ramsay riffs, LOL!

That Tor Johnson pic looks rather ominous, not unlike the Halloween Mask that was later inspired by his image!

CHEERS! :)

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
The blu-ray definitely looks better than the DVD. It's as good as it will ever look. I guess it depends on how much you like the movie.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The DVD is full frame, no extras; the Blu is OAR 1.85:1, with a commentary and more. You know what to do. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsystems82
Recent bookmarks