What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Today, The Boob and Why Be Good?. These rather average silent comedies do look and sound surprisingly good for their age.

The Boob (1926)

Released: 17 May 1926
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 64 min

Director: William A. Wellman
Genre: Comedy, Romance

Cast: Gertrude Olmstead, George K. Arthur, Joan Crawford
Writer(s): George Scarborough, Annette Westbay, Kenneth B. Clarke

Plot: Idealistic farm boy Peter loves Amy whose fancy is urbane Harry. He discovers Harry is a rum runner and turns him over to prohibition agents, including Jane. May is at last impressed with Peter.

IMDB rating: 5.4
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: MGM
Distributed By: Warner Archive
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Excellent review. Like you, I think my favorite part of The Boob was the dream sequence, with all the Harry’s continuously coming out from different parts of the car

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Come on WB Archives, give us some more of these wonderful silents. God that we might see Greed, The Wind, 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, The Student Prince and The Crowd (all with the Carl Davis scores), please!

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Come on WB Archives, give us some more of these wonderful silents. God that we might see Greed, The Wind, 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse, The Student Prince and The Crowd (all with the Carl Davis scores), please!
I could see Greed (and maybe The Wind) going to Criterion but I wholeheartedly agree with this. I loved The Big Parade and Our Dancing Daughters so want to see more silents from WAC.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Why are we thread crapping this review thread with requests for other silent films? Wouldn’t such posts be more appropriate and effective in the Warner Archive announcement thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks