What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Day Of The Triffids (1981, BBC) on Blu-ray...... (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
The Blu-ray of the 1981 mini series looks excellent in comparison with the previous DVD. I believe I saw the 1960's movie on TV 30+ years ago & was unimpressed. The 2009 mini series is fun but difficult to find streaming & expensive on Blu-ray.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Day of the Triffids (John Wyndham, 1951) is an iconic sci-fi novel. I read this years ago, and it's a great post-apocalyptic story & a very disturbing premise - i.e., plants taking over the world.

And, this 1981 BBC mini-series is by the far the best adaptation of the novel. It's relatively long; has a lot of detail & scenes; and, some of the dialogue is taken straight out of the novel. I did see this on DVD years ago.

Hopefully this will be released on Region 1 Blu-ray at some point. I don't have a Region-free player, so have no way to play the current Blu-ray out there.

The UK Bluray is region free. It is however 50i so you'd have to be sure your player is compatible -- most Sony standalones aren't, almost all 4K players are.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks