What's new

The Donna Reed Show: SEASON 4 (1 Viewer)

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
I'm really glad Season Four is happening! I have always wanted to see this show and thanks to Hulu.com Seasons 1 and 2 are up. I'm about halfway through Season 1 and I think I'm going to have to ask for Seasons 1-3 for Christmas! I'm really grateful for Mary Owen and her siblings because I'm pretty sure they are the reason this show is up on Hulu!

By the way who owns seasons 6-8?

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by KellyVO
I'm really glad Season Four is happening! I have always wanted to see this show and thanks to Hulu.com Seasons 1 and 2 are up. I'm about halfway through Season 1 and I think I'm going to have to ask for Seasons 1-3 for Christmas! I'm really grateful for Mary Owen and her siblings because I'm pretty sure they are the reason this show is up on Hulu!

By the way who owns seasons 6-8?

Sony Pictures

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
I just wanted to say that things are still running smoothly concerning the release of 'Season 4' in regards to "The Donna Reed Show." This project is being treated with much care, since there is such a rare releasing of episodes involved on this DVD Product! I am so grateful that this 'Fourth Season' release isn't being handled in a careless and frivolous manner which would have been so very disappointing!!! You 'Donna Reed Show Fans' who are having a rather difficult time in waiting for this DVD to be released, well believe me when I say, that I quite seriously know what your going through because I am in the very same boat!!! I am so hoping that it will be released sometime in the early part of next year, but we will just have to wait and see what the actual release date will be... I've heard nothing so far regarding the release date except for it being in 2011. You can bet that I'll come running to the "Home Theater Forum" if I hear any kind of a firm hint in regards to an actual planned release date!!!

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Thanks for the post Greg err Mark... whatever your name is. I always come here hoping for more good news from you about Donna Reed. I hope your right about 2011, I'll be anxiously waiting!!!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
It would be more easy to believe all of this if an actual company doing the set was being named. The number one problem that hurts DVD releases is distribution. It could be the greatest release in the world but without the proper distribution in place, its not going to sell very much. The few dozen people who might read about it here or on sitcomsonline are not going to make a release successful. It has to get out in the mainstream marketplace and that requires a company that has distribution deals set up everywhere.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'd like to see a name mentioned too. Aren't there several songs that need to be licensed (Including Johnny Angel?). I imagine that could easily run past $100,000 in licensing cost for the music.

I sure hope they find a good partner and that we actually start hearing some concrete information soon about this. It's hard picturing them going alone with it. It's not going to be easy to do, which I guess is why I'm still somewhat skeptical it's going to happen.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Neil Brock
It would be more easy to believe all of this if an actual company doing the set was being named. The number one problem that hurts DVD releases is distribution. It could be the greatest release in the world but without the proper distribution in place, its not going to sell very much. The few dozen people who might read about it here or on sitcomsonline are not going to make a release successful. It has to get out in the mainstream marketplace and that requires a company that has distribution deals set up everywhere.
Hey Neil, and Everyone!!! I have some FANTASTIC NEWS FOR YOU!!!!!! MPI is maping out plans to release 'SEASON 4' and 'SEASON 5' of the Donna Reed Show!!!!!! Mary Owen who is Donna Reed's Daughter, is working with Jim Pierson of MPI Media Group!!! Mary has given the 'Okay' for this news to be Released!!!!! Here is the 'First Comment' from Mary on "Facebook" as follows: Having dinner with Jim Pierson of MPI Media Group! Jim says, "We are mapping out plans for Season 4 and 5 and we are very excited about this"!! Mary was hoping 'SEASON 4' would be released by Mother's Day, 2011, but this date maybe too soon she says, since 'SEASON 4' still needs much work! I'll come back later with more comments on this subject. So many comments from the 'Donna Reed Show Fans' in regards to this 'Great News' are just pouring into Facebook!!!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Sounds good, I think MPI would be a pretty decent partner for this show.

Thanks for passing that along to us. You should submit that as news to the TVShowsOnDvd site since I'm sure they'd love to pass it along to everyone.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by LeoAmes
Sounds good, I think MPI would be a pretty decent partner for this show.

Thanks for passing that along to us. You should submit that as news to the TVShowsOnDvd site since I'm sure they'd love to pass it along to everyone.
Your so VERY WELCOME, LEO!!!!! :)

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
On this forum, I suggested the Donna Reed heirs use Lucille Ball's heirs as role models ... and it seems as if they are, going with MPI which did "Here's Lucy." Now they have to be willing to spend some money on restoration and not just pull crummy old syndicated prints off the shelves.

Greg2356

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marc
Originally Posted by Joe Lugoff
On this forum, I suggested the Donna Reed heirs use Lucille Ball's heirs as role models ... and it seems as if they are, going with MPI which did "Here's Lucy." Now they have to be willing to spend some money on restoration and not just pull crummy old syndicated prints off the shelves.
I so AGREE with the Restoration Aspect!!!!!!!

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
This is terrific news! While I'd love the whole series on DVD, it's a relief to know at least we'll be getting all the Shelley Fabares episodes. Donna is just too good a series to have it abandoned after 3 releases. There are still many more excellent episodes to come and it would have been so frustrating to have them sit in the vaults where no one can appreciate and enjoy them.
MPI won't disappoint either--I have their sets of Mothers-in-Law, Family Affair, Doris Day and Here's Lucy and all are wonderful.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
This is good news indeed! Knowing the distributor makes all the difference in my excitment level as I've yet to be disappointed with a MPI release. Looks like I'll be moving this one back to the "ongoing" list. :)

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
Originally Posted by Kasey
This is terrific news! While I'd love the whole series on DVD, it's a relief to know at least we'll be getting all the Shelley Fabares episodes.
MPI won't disappoint either--I have their sets of Mothers-in-Law, Family Affair, Doris Day and Here's Lucy and all are wonderful.
I agree except for the Doris Day show. They used cut prints for all five seasons!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Joe Lugoff said:
I agree except for the Doris Day show. They used cut prints for all five seasons!
Not cut, I don't believe, but timesped. Those were the old Worldvision sped up 1-inch transfers, similar to what was used for the first 4 seasons of the Combat DVDs. As I don't really have any Doris Day Shows from off 16mm, I can't do a side-by-side comparison like I did with Combat just to confirm that no footage is missing. But I'm pretty sure they are sped up and not cut up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MasonStorm@HTF
Recent bookmarks