What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Jeffersons: The Complete Series Available for Preorder (2 Viewers)

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I still have my pre-order with Amazon at $155.99 with free prime shipping. state of MN is now taxed on orders as of a couple months ago, however I had the box set pre-ordered so long ago I am getting it tax free which saves a lot.

Excited for Tuesday and for either later that week early following week for Facts of Life that one I had to order direct from Shout I want that set badly.

Now I am juggling so many TV shows at once I don't have time for recent shows :)

classictvfan40

Second Unit
Real Name
Ron
Powell&Pressburger said:
I still have my pre-order with Amazon at $155.99 with free prime shipping. state of MN is now taxed on orders as of a couple months ago, however I had the box set pre-ordered so long ago I am getting it tax free which saves a lot.

Excited for Tuesday and for either later that week early following week for Facts of Life that one I had to order direct from Shout I want that set badly.

Now I am juggling so many TV shows at once I don't have time for recent shows :)
Im loving The Jeffersons…I started with season 7…Shout mentioned this morning about shipping Facts of Life on Twitter. I can't wait to see the rest of the seasons of the Facts of Life too.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Got my set today looks great. I decided I'm going to start from the beginning. Which means breaking out the bonus disc to watch the All In The Family episode "The Jeffersons Move On Up" when they move to Manhattan. Then The first season.Anyone know if any music subs or deletions was made on the show? Surprised at the music I've heard and sung by some of the characters so far.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
The Obsolete Man said:
https://www.shoutfactory.com/tv/comedy/the-jeffersons-season-seven

Single releases of the remaining seasons look to be starting in April, for those who didn't want to go the complete series set route.

Excellent & excellent price too, thanks. No way I'd buy the complete series when I have the fist 6 seasons already. I knew they'd eventually release the remaining seasons individually.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
This set is going out of print soon... :/

I was hoping to get it soon, but if Amazon doesn't miraculously restock it, then I guess I'm outta luck... Ugh, why does this always happen to titles I intend to buy...

Here's hoping someone else picks up the rights and puts out a complete set of this wonderful show.

I know, I know, I had almost a decade to get it, but something always prevented me from clicking the add to cart button...

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Could that have been the price of it?
Would for me... Shout! seems to over value just about everything they release. I've allowed more than a few of their releases to slip out of my hands due to their high prices. In general, the releases from them I own have been purchased "on sale" at what are "everyday prices" for product from other distributors.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
It seems that Shout has re-upped their license, because the Complete Series set is being reissued in June. At a much lower price as well. No bonus disc or collectible booklet, however:

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
It seems that Shout has re-upped their license, because the Complete Series set is being reissued in June. At a much lower prices as well. No bonus disc or collectible booklet however:

So basically a vanilla edition, I take it?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Fine with me. My original copy arrived in those terrible cardboard outer case (cracked, bent) that Shout was so fond of years ago. I'll repurchase this just to get better packaging.

Will this new-style Jeffersons release have much the same packaging as before, outside of the bonus disc case?

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Will this new-style Jeffersons release have much the same packaging as before, outside of the bonus disc case?
Actually, it will be a little different. They have done this so far with Maude, All In The Family, The Facts Of Life, Punky Brewster and a few others. The thick cardboard case is replaced with a thin flimsy cardboard case. The plastic cases are no longer individual for each season. They group several seasons in multiple larger plastic cases. For Maude and Punky Brewster, they used 2 larger plastic cases. Since The Jeffersons ran for 11 seasons, I would imagine they would use 3 cases or some variation of sizes possibly.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
They have done this so far with Maude, All In The Family, The Facts Of Life, Punky Brewster and a few others. The thick cardboard case is replaced with a thin flimsy cardboard case. The plastic cases are no longer individual for each season.

They did it with the Barney Miller redo as well, albeit the bonuses after the eighth and final go are retained (only the Fish season is omitted)...

barneymillerrepack1.jpg

barneymillerrepack2.jpg

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
This set is going out of print soon... :/

I was hoping to get it soon, but if Amazon doesn't miraculously restock it, then I guess I'm outta luck... Ugh, why does this always happen to titles I intend to buy...

Here's hoping someone else picks up the rights and puts out a complete set of this wonderful show.

I know, I know, I had almost a decade to get it, but something always prevented me from clicking the add to cart button...
I can sooo relate to this...

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Also have discovered the new Bob Newhart Show all-in-one from EBay-- from what I'm seeing, the new release is condensed to two cases, each with half the series (not certain if the bonuses on that one are retained as on Barney Miller)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixoci
Recent bookmarks