What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Netflix The Lincoln Lawyer (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the first five episodes of the first season, which end on quite a cliffhanger. Here is the trailer for the second half of the season, dropping in early August:

It's really striking to me how this and "Bosch" use a lot of the same locations, but they have entirely different visual aesthetics. Bosch is very gritty and verite, while this is very sun-soaked and pretty.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I wish they hadn't split the season in two; I don't binge, but even skipping a day or two between episodes, I'm ready now for the final five, and I have to wait a couple of weeks before they drop. Certainly have enjoyed the season thus far.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The second half of the season has now dropped. I had to re-watch episode 5 to reacquaint myself with the characters and story before I watched episode 6. Happy now I can finish the season at my own pace. So far, no news of another season though the numbers have been big for the first half.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I finished season two today, and it was a very satisfying season. Bravo to all concerned! They set up the next book in the coda at the end of episode ten, but I haven't read anything about a third season being okayed. Anyone know anything? The ratings have been very good, so it would seem obvious to renew it, but I've read nothing about a third season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I finished season two today, and it was a very satisfying season. Bravo to all concerned!
I finally got around to the back half of the season the last couple days. I knew I'd want to binge it, so I waited until I had a couple consecutive nights free. I thought it ended strong.

Given where they left things, I do wonder if Neve Campbell and Jazz Raycole will be back as series regulars next season, though.

They set up the next book in the coda at the end of episode ten, but I haven't read anything about a third season being okayed. Anyone know anything? The ratings have been very good, so it would seem obvious to renew it, but I've read nothing about a third season.
Yeah, that stinger at the end in the morgue definitely set up The Gods of Guilt for next season. From what I've heard, Legal Siegel has an even bigger role in that story, and more Elliott Gould is never a bad thing.

I don't think it's been renewed yet, but I think that says more about the ongoing SAG and WGA strikes than it does about the show's chances. It's consistently been in the top ten shows for Netflix since the back half of the season premiered. But no point in paying people to retain their services until you know you're going to be able to make use of them.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I watched and loved the first season.

My brother watched what was available for the second season and advised me that it might not be worth watching as it wasn't nearly as good as the first.

Now I am reading positive comments for Season Two. Am I assuming this is worth a watch?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched and loved the first season.

My brother watched what was available for the second season and advised me that it might not be worth watching as it wasn't nearly as good as the first.

Now I am reading positive comments for Season Two. Am I assuming this is worth a watch?
It is absolutely worth a watch. The revelations in the second half of the season bring all of the cloudy motivations and disparate story threads together in a satisfying way.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Just finished the second season, which I thought was just as good as the first. A very enjoyable legal show. Glad they've renewed for a third season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks