What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
For those of you who haven't seen the beautiful restoration of the silent DOGS OF WAR, ClassicFlix were kind enough to allow Ben Model & Steve Massa to run it on their YouTube show The Silent Comedy Watch Party, which features silent comedies with live piano accompaniment .

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

brynmill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
mark bale
Update to my previous post. The "blind" lady was in "Second Childhood". According to Wiki:-

Unbeknownst to the cast, Zeffie Tilbury was blind. In between takes, she was led around by her staff. This would be the last episode directed by Gus Meins.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Update to my previous post. The "blind" lady was in "Second Childhood". According to Wiki:-

Unbeknownst to the cast, Zeffie Tilbury was blind. In between takes, she was led around by her staff. This would be the last episode directed by Gus Meins.
That, I do recall having read!

Thanks for the clarification, Mark!

CHEERS! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
For those who may be interested, I've started a Facebook Group for THE LITTLE RASCALS: The ClassicFlix Blu-ray/RHI DVD Screenshot Comparisons!:

So far, I've posted screenshots for the Rascals' first talkie, SMALL TALK (1929).

MUCH MUCH MORE TO COME!! :) :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
From what I can see, the only slight downside to having the complete collection, as opposed to the individual volumes in terms of disc content, is the lack of restoration video segments and the specially prepared ClassicFlix Trailers for volumes 1-4. Absolutely cannot complain with the awesome price point, though! Trade-offs!!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Has this been an extra on the releases?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
For anyone here who is also on Facebook, here is a link to my "THE LITTLE RASCALS: The ClassicFlix Blu-ray/RHI DVD Screenshot Comparisons!" Facebook group! :)

I'm currently up to SCHOOL'S OUT (1930)!

From THE LITTLE RASCALS, Volume 2 RHI-Entertainment DVD:
screenshot003.jpg

From THE LITTLE RASCALS: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION, CENTENNIAL EDITION Blu-ray Set, Disc 2:
screenshot002.jpg

Last edited:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
In point of fact, Bill Minderhout is still with us, in fact, I saw him last month at the Hollywood Show. First (and only time I guess) I've ever run into one of the Our Gangers. Bill appeared in a handful of shorts in the 1936-1938 seasons.
biillmm.jpg

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
With the passing of Robert Blake, it appears there is just one, and only one Little Rascal left

Sidney 'the woim' Kibrick.
In point of fact, Bill Minderhout is still with us, in fact, I saw him last month at the Hollywood Show. First (and only time I guess) I've ever run into one of the Our Gangers. Bill appeared in a handful of shorts in the 1936-1938 seasons.
View attachment 178693
There are actually quite a few remaining from the sound era Hal Roach shorts (IE. Payne Johnson) and the later MGM period (IE. Daryl Hickman), although it is fair to say that Sidney Kibrick is the last of the middle tier Little Rascals/Our Gang members still with us. He is certainly the most memorable one remaining!

Great Photo of Billy Mindy/Minderhout, by the way! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks