What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Missing (2003) Blu-ray set from Shout Factory, any comments? (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I have The Missing SE DVD and have streamed it in HD but could only find one brief review for the newish Shout Factory Blu-ray set. Has anyone here viewed the Blu-ray and can comment on picture quality?
Thanks in advance, Trevor.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Simon Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon Lewis
I have the Shout blu-ray and I thought the picture quality was very good. Its definitely a worthwhile purchase as you get 2 discs, theatrical and extended cut. There is a review on blu-ray com.

Link

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I have the Shout blu-ray and I thought the picture quality was very good. Its definitely a worthwhile purchase as you get 2 discs, theatrical and extended cut. There is a review on blu-ray com.

Link
Simon, thanks, I'll order it pronto!

Santee7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
kirk
It looked fantastic, and I loved the extended version. Its a western, was a fantastic disc, really glad I purchased it and I watch often, fantastic Tommy Lee Jones performance.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
I didn't care much for the film when I saw it in 2003, but I've caught it a few times recently on Starz and feel somewhat more positive. $12.99 for two versions of the film and nice extras is too good of a deal to pass up even on a title I'm not crazy about.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I just watched the extended version, what a great movie, it's like The Searchers on steroids. Fabulous picture quality, especially the outdoor scenes, although many early scenes are dark and I couldn't see much shadow detail. I'm unsure whether it's the transfer or my OLED TV settings but not a deal breaker. This might benefit from a 4K HDR transfer, though it's only just come out on Blu-ray, so the chances are slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brian13mt
Recent bookmarks