What's new

The NBA in HDTV, SATURDAY 5/12/01! (1 Viewer)

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
A last minute present. NBC will be carrying the Spurs vs. Mavericks tomorrow in HDTV. Game time is 3pm est.
The Mav's owner Mark Cuban, has offered the HDTV feed to NBC and they will pass it along to all their DTV capable affiliates.
Because this is last minute, those who live near a NBC DTV station may want to call them up & alert them.
------------------
"better living thru modern, expensive electronic devices"
tm

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info! The image looked great here in Chicago-land. There was quite a bit of artifacting throughout, but for the first non-Leno broadcast in ages, I didn't mind at all. The far away shots of the stadium before and after commercials really showed off what HD can look like. It was a great game also.

Paul W

Second Unit
Crap!
I wanted to watch this on my 56x81, but I wound up going to a friend's house and watched bits of it on a Mits ~65" 4:3 STD Interlaced TV with scan-lines as thick as my pinky finger!
:-(
------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs [sic] to Hellen Keller.

AllenD

Second Unit
I enjoyed this, too. Not to diminish NBC's HD effort but I wish they would market their HD broadcast a little better. I looked at their web site and not a mention/link to any HD broadcast. I know the decision to broadcast in HD was last minute but couldn't they have passed it on somehow. On their news casts, Leno, their web site even to promote their HD broadcast. I had no idea it was in HD until I turned on the receiver to watch PBS-HD demo. Since I watched Lenno the night before, I turned the receiver off on KNBC-HD. I turned on the receiver the next day and VOILA! Glorious HD!
The Standard Definition window was a good idea so they can use the same commentators.

CarlS

Stunt Coordinator
They definitely could have gotten some good PR if they had done some quick spots while advertising the game itself. I did see a link about the game in a prominent spot on WNBC's website, so at least someone paid attention.

John Tillman

Supporting Actor
I was lucky to view some of the 3rd & 4th qtrs as I was working about the house. Very nice presentation that looked as good as HD cable games I've seen recently.
The window was a nice touch as was the SD broadcasters (Marv Albert).
Awkward moment in the 4th when a Maverick lost a tooth and you see the thing dancing around the floor in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks