What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pre-Order The New Adventures of Batman: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71r9t6cKoYL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/The-New-Adve...ws-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Wouldn't mind having it, but what I am really waiting for is a complete box set of Super Friends on Blu Ray. Seems like such an obvious release.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Wouldn't mind having it, but what I am really waiting for is a complete box set of Super Friends on Blu Ray. Seems like such an obvious release.
Especially since there were so many iterations of Super Friends with so many different names. It gets very confusing. Putting everything in a single box would be much better. On a personal note, Challenge of the Superfriends stands head and shoulders above everything else. I don't know why they didn't use that format for more than one year.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Especially since there were so many iterations of Super Friends with so many different names. It gets very confusing. Putting everything in a single box would be much better. On a personal note, Challenge of the Superfriends stands head and shoulders above everything else. I don't know why they didn't use that format for more than one year.
Yes, trying to collect Super Friends is a real headache. I think I still have several volumes to go. Sort of trailed off hoping that a Blu Ray release would be coming.

Challenge is great, but I mostly grew up on the Wonder Twins episodes (the seasons before and after Challenge), so I have a soft spot for them.

Also the final season (Galactic Guardians?) is supposed to be quite good and a little more comic-faithful, but I've never seen it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The animation I really want to see on Blu-ray is the Aquaman shorts and the Atom/Flash/Green Lantern/Hawkman/Teen Titans/Justice League episodes.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Everyone has their favorite Batman voice. Kevin Conroy gets a lot of love and Adam West's forays into Batimated adventures (like this release and the Super Powers show) are fairly well celebrated. But my guy growing up was Olan Soule. He did the original Filmation series and since Filmation used those same designs and cells, it was weird to hear West and Ward doing these voices instead of Soule and Casey Kasum. They carried the torch for over a decade.

I still enjoyed this series, though, and watched it with Tarzan. The Joker's voice was hideously annoying but it was amusing. I always felt that Yvonne Craig should have been part of this show also, since they were reuniting the leads. But they probably maxed out the budget on West and Ward.

The end credits sequence is amazing, though. Fantastic shots of Batman doing acrobatics around Gotham and the music is just great. It was right about this point when Filmation actually got really good at their job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks