What's new

The ORIGINAL Amityville Horror is Coming to 4K UHD! (1 Viewer)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
This is released tomorrow and I don't see it at Amazon, or Deepdiscount.
Where can anyone buy this?
(I live in Greece and it should have international shipping available)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
This is released tomorrow and I don't see it at Amazon, or Deepdiscount.
Where can anyone buy this?
(I live in Greece and it should have international shipping available)
I can't speak to anything relating to Amityville but I think Vinegar Syndrome's titles are only on their site for a few months before being available at the usual online retailers.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I can't speak to anything relating to Amityville but I think Vinegar Syndrome's titles are only on their site for a few months before being available at the usual online retailers.
Thanks I just saw it. Alas, it's too expensive for me including shipping, and what I will probably pay at customs.
I will wait for Amazon, though I really wanted to have this for viewing during the Halloween month.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
In a lot of cases, yes. Occasionally you'll have an exclusive, or an exclusive slip, etc, but most of their stuff comes to Amazon, Diabolik, Target, etc., in some form.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Still on the fence whether I'm gonna get this or not; the expensive price puts me off, especially since I just confirmed that we gotta get a new AV receiver. :angry:

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
That screen shot doesn't seem all that mind-blowing, even if it encapsulates an approximation of what the 4K transfer looks like -- to be honest, the upscaled DVD image from the disc that's part of my Amityville Horror Collection box set looks a little better to my eyes, or in the same ballpark at least (it was given a high def transfer for the set).

But OMG...in looking at some of those pics in the review of the cast (a few who are not with us today, like Kidder and Holzer), I cannot believe how most of them aged. I wouldn't have even recognized Matt or the babysitter, Jackie...:eek::oops:

Last edited:

Robert Saccone

Premium
Having grown up and still living not that far from where all this took place I couldn’t resist picking this up. I read everything I could at that time and recall seeing this when it first came out in the theaters. While I haven’t watched the entire film in 4K yet I do like what see so far. I did go through all the extras on the Blu-ray and thought they were entertaining and well done.

madfloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
I checked out this transfer - I think it looks great, but I don't have any other version to compare it to. Very filmic and detailed.

And I didn't immediately recognize Margot Kidder...

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I've been checking stock numbers on a lot of things that I'm interested in, including this one, and so far they're all sitting at over 1,000. Hoping there'll be good discounts for the Black Friday sale so I can catch up on 4K and VSA releases.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Having grown up and still living not that far from where all this took place I couldn’t resist picking this up. I read everything I could at that time and recall seeing this when it first came out in the theaters. While I haven’t watched the entire film in 4K yet I do like what see so far. I did go through all the extras on the Blu-ray and thought they were entertaining and well done.
I, also, grew up on the South Shore of Nassau County (in the Long Beach area), so I wasn't too far from Ocean Avenue. Used to go out to see the house all the time, and even got harassed by police as every "tourist" does when visiting, LOL; I was obsessed with this story and always have been. The crowds in the theaters were rowdy when this first came out.

What part of the Island are you in?

I'm still on the fence about the purchase because, as I said, I'm pretty happy -- even as a rabid fan -- with the four-disc DVD box set of the original franchise MGM put out to coincide with the utterly horrid remake (circa 2005).

1665171300868.png

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
I've been checking stock numbers on a lot of things that I'm interested in, including this one, and so far they're all sitting at over 1,000. Hoping there'll be good discounts for the Black Friday sale so I can catch up on 4K and VSA releases.
But are the versions with the special slipcase still available? They probably won't be by the time Black Friday comes around...

Robert Saccone

Premium
I, also, grew up on the South Shore of Nassau County (in the Long Beach area), so I wasn't too far from Ocean Avenue. Used to go out to see the house all the time, and even got harassed by police as every "tourist" does when visiting, LOL; I was obsessed with this story and always have been. The crowds in the theaters were rowdy when this first came out.

What part of the Island are you in?

I'm still on the fence about the purchase because, as I said, I'm pretty happy -- even as a rabid fan -- with the four-disc DVD box set of the original franchise MGM put out to coincide with the utterly horrid remake (circa 2005).

View attachment 156859
Originally from Suffolk. Now in mid Nassau. on the north shore. Every once and a while I pass by it when I am down on the south shore. When it came up for sale not too long ago I asked my wife what she thought. She said no way because of the murders. :)

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Originally from Suffolk. Now in mid Nassau. on the north shore. Every once and a while I pass by it when I am down on the south shore. When it came up for sale not too long ago I asked my wife what she thought. She said no way because of the murders. :)
LOL....yeah, I wouldn't move into that house if they paid ME.

I have a good college friend who is still on the North Shore in Syosset.

Where are you in Nassau now? Just curious; I don't live there anymore, and I do miss so many aspects of it (except for the living expenses).

Robert Saccone

Premium
LOL....yeah, I wouldn't move into that house if they paid ME.

I have a good college friend who is still on the North Shore in Syosset.

Where are you in Nassau now? Just curious; I don't live there anymore, and I do miss so many aspects of it (except for the living expenses).
Glen Head

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unbob
Recent bookmarks