What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Rookie (ABC - Seasons 1-4) (1 Viewer)

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Rewatched last season’s finale this afternoon to remember where we were (was on last night)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I had lost track of the season two finale, but the recap at the beginning of the new episode had it all come rushing back. All in all, a pretty solid opener. It appears that Nolan's professional conduct will be a mechanism that the show will use to prolong his current status in the PD at least for this season. Based on certain story elements and the season three teaser at the end of the episode it makes me wonder how many of Nolan's compatriots will be moving on to greener pastures while Nolan toils away to redeem his standing. Glad the show is back.

- Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm enjoying this season so far and it looks like another major guest appearance next week playing Nolan's ex-wife.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I try to avoid spoilers so I have no idea about next week's show / guests. Based on Sunday's episode it appears the show may be juggling a series of new candidates, but given the cast size I do wonder if any of them will stick around. I sort of enjoyed 'nice' Tim Bradford and his rationale for varied training methods when Lucy called him out.

This season has been a bit of a mixed bag for me. I still watch it regularly, but at times it has been just a little too heavy handed with some of its messaging. I don't have a problem with the show offering social commentary, regardless of whether or not my opinions align; but I do wish that sometimes it was a little bit more subtle.

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I walked away from this series when there was a cliffhanger episode where Nolan’s house had evidence planted in there. Prior to that episode, I had not been watching too closely, so I didn’t quite see how that situation was set-up. I guess Nolan was able to acquit himself as he’s apparently back on the job.

I also sort of didn’t want to watch the episodes when Chen was kidnapped by the psycho as it was at a time when the pandemic was raging and it was too dark for me at that time.

I did like that Nolan was dating Ali Larter. I guess that didn’t work out? They had some chemistry I thought.

Last Sunday I was wondering if this series was still on since I haven’t seen it in some time. I did not realize it airs Sunday night and I happen to catch the episode. I think I missed something as I wasn’t clear why Greg Grunberg shows up and what his story was about. But I guess his guest role was a short cameo? It seemed odd that was such a quick appearance. The rest of the episode was pretty good. It was interesting to see the different way the former solder was being trained by Chen’s former training officer.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
. I don't have a problem with the show offering social commentary, regardless of whether or not my opinions align; but I do wish that sometimes it was a little bit more subtle.

I thought the ride along episode did a good job of tempering Fiona's attitude with Lila's comments and concerns. They represented both sides without being preachy.

I'll admit I was leery of this weeks episode when the preview mentioned "white supremacy," as it seems to be a political buzzword lately. But by using an actual white supremacist group (yes, they do exist, I studied some of them during counterintelligence training in the Army 30 years ago) instead of making a broad "anyone can be racist" statement the episode could focus more on the actual danger to Fiona and show a subtle softening of her anti-police stance.

I've watched and enjoyed the good doctor the last two seasons, but the first episode this season was so biased, preachy and stereotypically unsubtle that I havent watched any other episodes.

And just when I was thinking Fiona was going to be Nolan's hot girlfriend this season, here comes his ex back into the picture.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Wow!!!

Sure am glad this one has been renewed.
I wonder sometimes (with cliffhangers like this) if they have two endings filmed - one with cliffhanger, one decent ending (which can be switched in - depending on renew/cancel).

That would be the smart thing.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wonder sometimes (with cliffhangers like this) if they have two endings filmed - one with cliffhanger, one decent ending (which can be switched in - depending on renew/cancel).

That would be the smart thing.
I wonder the same thing. I kind of like that
"drug queen"
, but now not so much.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Im willing to suspend my disbelief a lot, especially since I really like this show. But...

Transporting La Fiera with a lone police vehicle, with Smitty in the front seat?

I thought this was just lazy, cliched writing.

Im still a fan of the show and am looking forward to the resolution next season. Im just a little disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandallFlagg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale