What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
After watching the first chapter on Blu-ray, I popped in the old DVD just to compare, and even though the Blu-ray (maybe just by virtue of the source material) isn't of astounding quality, I thought it was a huge step up compared to the DVD.
That is why I have been continuously saying that this Blu-Ray is a big upgrade, because the existing DVD sucked.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
This is one of my all time favorites so I would love to see it properly rendered. I currently own the DVD's but will be looking out for the 2020 release you mentioned.

Last edited:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Found it very interesting but not at all ironic that the Stand blu seems to have sold out at the moment...

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The 2020 - 2021 Mini-series was....Meh. A disappointment for me. I think overall, I prefer the original 1994 version.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
The 2020 - 2021 Mini-series was....Meh. A disappointment for me. I think overall, I prefer the original 1994 version.
I agree, the new version was a major disappointment. It was well-produced with some very likeable actors, but I could never get into the story. It really fell flat.

I did pick up the Blu-Ray of the 1994 production, and was pleasantly surprised by the picture quality. Not great, for sure, but better than I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks