What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Let’s look at The White Buffalo. In the mid-1970’s, two late bloomers in the film industry began a long collaboration that would last for eight movies. The director, J. Lee Thompson, arrived on the Hollywood scene with The Guns of Navarone (1961) after a solidly successful run in his native England and had settled in as a reliable director of action films. The actor, Charles Bronson, after paying his dues as a character actor in both Hollywood and Europe, finally achieved stardom with Death Wish (1974). After their first film together, the crime thriller St. Ives (1976), they followed up with The White Buffalo. Originally released by United Artists, Kino – licensing from current rights holder MGM – has brought the movie back into print with this new Blu-ray release.

The White Buffalo (1977)...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I have a very vague memory of seeing/sleeping through (I was only 3) this movie at a drive-in back in 1977. I think it was on a double-bill with Star Wars, of all things, which is probably the only reason the title remains in my memory.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thank you for the review and spot lighting this release. I was a big fan of Bronson's work in the 1970s and recall enjoying this film; although my memories of it are pretty hazy. :) Looking forward to a revisit courtesy the BD.

- Walter.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
It's one of those films that the second time you view it, more seems to come together and you have a better handle on the characters and the triad of fears and consequences laid out in nightmarish premanitions. I still go back to it every once in a while and I'm glad that they gave it another facelift, enabling others to have the opportunity to enjoy it as well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks