What's new
World Wide Stereo

TiVo Series-3 and HD get multi-room & T2G (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Looks like the Tivo Series-3 and TiVo HD models are finally getting Tivo2Go and multi-room viewing in the next software update. Since Comcast is still dragging its feet on the roll-out of its long-promised TiVo hybrid DVR, I've been thinking about biting the financial bullet and returning to TiVo.

I had to give up T2G and Multi-room in order to get an (affordable) HD-DVR when I went HD, and I've missed the convenience of both. The fact that even TiVo itself did not offer an HD solution that included those features made sticking with the horrible Comcast Scientific Atlanta box and cheesey software less painful that it might have been otherwise, but now that the more-affordable TiVo HD is on the market, I'm seriously thinking about making one (or maybe even two) my Christmas present to myself.

Regards,

Joe

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Joe, I just ordered a Series 3 yesterday. I'll be dumping my SA8300HD as well. It was supposed to come today with Comcast coming tomorrow for the cable cards but UPS didn't show today. So I have to wait until Tuesday for Comcast.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Actually, they flipped the switch last week. I've had MRV on my Series 3 for at least four days. I've done some transfers, just to check it out. It works fine, though I cannot seem to get HD recordings to transfer from the S3 to TiVo Desktop. Not sure why. Also, a lot of digital recordings (not just HD, but lots of SD as well) is copy protected, so it isn't quite as useful as some folks might be expecting it to be. I noticed that the Travel Channel seems to copy protect most everything, and Animal Planet copy protects the one show we watch on that channel. A lot of Sci Fi and G4 shows are copy protected too. Some, but not all, on USA and TNT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks