What's new

Trouble in Paradise (1 Viewer)

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know who owns Ernst Lubitsch's film from 1932? And, what are the chances of it getting a dvd release anytime soon?

Thanks

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I believe that "Trouble in Paradise" originally a Paramount release is now owned by Universal. I haven't heard anything about a dvd release, however Turner Classic Movies just showed it last month and I was able to capture it on a super vhs tape.

Crawdaddy

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
Crap...

I've never seen this film. Do you know where TCM gets the VHS copy they play on the air?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think you're out of luck because I just checked the following resources and only Maltin's book indicates a Laser release only which I don't have any information about the quality nor availability.
  • Leonard Maltin's 2002 Movie & Video Guide
  • Video Movie Guide 2002
  • Videohound's Golden Movie Retriever 2002
Crawdaddy

Carrol M

Stunt Coordinator
Robert,
Does Turner Classic Movies show great classics like Trouble In Paradise often? I have that channel via my DirecTv subscription. There are a handful of classics I would love to capture on at least VHS since they aren't available on dvd.
Do they ever show films like:
Blowup, Pickpocket, The Exterminating Angel, Greed, Pandora's Box, The Earrings of Madame De... and The Apu Trilogy
Those are some of my most desired titles and I would love to be able to get them from TCM.
Hopefully, you're a regular viewer of TCM and will know...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hopefully, you're a regular viewer of TCM and will know...
Who me? Hardly watch the channel.;) Seriously, TCM does show silents and foreign films among their film classics such as Greed and 400 Blows.
Here's another Link Removed you just missed from last month.
Crawdaddy

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
TROUBLE IN PARADISE was part of a laserdisc boxset issued by Universal called A TOUCH OF LUBITSCH. Three other vintage Lubitsch films were included in this set. Recently it has gone for extraordinary prices on eBay; within the last few weeks, two boxes were sold there, one for 999.99(!) and another for six hundred dollars! Unfortunately it's one of the few Universal box sets I don't own!

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Within the past month or two, I know TCM has shown Greed, Blowup and Trouble in Paradise. I believe TIP was their first ever airing.

~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks