What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Untouchables Syndicated 1993 Series (1 Viewer)

rob007

Grip
Real Name
Robert
Is there anyone here who would be willing to have this released on DVD one day? It's been my favourite show since I first saw it and still have all the episodes on VHS in varying quality but still watchable.
Tom Amandes went on to Everwood, David James Elliott did JAG, John Rhys-Davies has been on many shows and in many movies (most notable being Gimli in Lord of the Rings), William Forsythe has also been seen in movies like The Rock and The Devil's Rejects, and John Newton was in the show Superboy as well as the movie Alive!.
With such a stellar cast I was wondering why there isn't much around about this show. A lot of people have never heard of it and when I try to write Paramount I only get standard form letter replies back. Therefore, I was hoping I could find fans of this show here on HTF.
Maybe we could generate some buzz and see if it has a potential to get released. Seeing as how the original show is being released in April maybe if it sells well we might see the 1993 series on DVD some day. It wouldn't take much of a release as it was a short run of episodes. Maybe 2 season sets or 1 full series set with subtitles, remastering, and maybe a couple historical background featurettes. There are plenty of documentaries on Capone and Ness out there so surely a couple of them could be found and plopped onto a DVD set.
I hope to hear back from people about what they think, and maybe someone else has done some research into this too. Thanks a lot!
Cheers.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Its funny you mention this. I met William Forsythe (Al Capone) at a convention this past weekend. He was very nice and told us how he met with a bunch of Al's family and associates to study for the role. And when I asked him if he has heard anything regarding a dvd release. He said no and thought it was a joke that it wasn't out. I told him I have the episodes on vhs tape. He joked that I should put them on dvd and sell them as bootlegs. :)
Back on the show. It really was a very good show. Hopefully, when the Untouchables prequel movie comes out. Maybe, Paramount will release the show.

rob007

Grip
Real Name
Robert
I hope that it comes out in the near future. Nice to know you met William Forsythe. I have been to AC's grave in Chicago as well as the graves of many of the gangsters who appeared as characters on the show.
Any news on when the prequel movie comes out?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I still think its in pre-production..Check IMDB.com I believe the prequel is about how Capone came to power. And William Forsythe didn't think to highly of the idea.

Jimmyr1960

Agent
Real Name
Jim
What is really infuriating about this is that VEI started selling the DVD set a coupe of weeks ago through their site. Nothing on their site about a bluray release. Now that I've purchased the DVD, they announce a bluray set within 2 weeks. AT best, they're disorganized. At worst it's underhanded.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What is really infuriating about this is that VEI started selling the DVD set a coupe of weeks ago through their site. Nothing on their site about a bluray release. Now that I've purchased the DVD, they announce a bluray set within 2 weeks. AT best, they're disorganized. At worst it's underhanded.

It's VEI.

These will probably be the same SD transfers in Blu that you got on DVD, like they did with Nash Bridges.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Never seen the show but people I asked said it doesn't compare with the original series.

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
Yes this gets the Blu-ray treatment but it is highly unlikely the original series will. Anyway it seems the Blu-ray isn't any better in picture quality than the DVD. This from an Amazon review by: Michael C. Elser.

This is a review from a person who owns this item on Blu Ray and DVD and quickly the first thing I Noticed was that the first 60 seconds of the Pilot is missing and instead of the Pilot being a 2hr movie it is 2 1-hour episodes. None of the episodes have the station break bumpers and the episodes look average for a series that was released thirty years ago. The Blu Ray and DVD episodes look identical in picture and sound..All episodes are 42 minutes long and since this series was a syndicated show all episodes are syndicated copies..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks