What's new

Vizio P55 F1 annoying lines (1 Viewer)

actfray

Grip
Real Name
Craig Pearman
I recently bought this model to replace my old Vizio E-50. Blu-Rays look amazing, and I'm very happy overall with the picture quality. However, I've noticed a recurring issue with some channels, especially Netflix and broadcast TV networks. There is a lot of noise floating in the background that I can't seem to fix using calibration. I've referred to several reliable calibration sites, and I've also adjusted the settings based on my own likes.

This photo is from the Netflix series "Bodyguard". If you look to the right of the actor, you can see what I'm talking about. I've also noticed this on other shows, and I'm starting to worry that my new TV is defective.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Craig

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Those look like compression artifacts to me.

If you’re not seeing that with Blu-rays but only on cable and streaming, it’s a compression issue from the source or lack of bandwidth from your cable/internet provider and not an issue with the actual TV.

actfray

Grip
Real Name
Craig Pearman
I kind of suspected that. But of course, my ISP will deny any responsibility and tell me there is something wrong with my TV.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
That's compression, for sure. What are you using to stream Netflix? Through my Apple TV4 it looks amazing. Through my cable box, not so much.

actfray

Grip
Real Name
Craig Pearman
That's compression, for sure. What are you using to stream Netflix? Through my Apple TV4 it looks amazing. Through my cable box, not so much.

I'm using an ethernet cable coming directly from my modem through Spectrum Cable. Can you suggest a better method?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
+1. I see lots of compression artifacts when my wife streams Netflix content with our Dish Hopper. Using an tv, the artifacts are there, although not nearly as bad.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I see a significant increase in quality when I stream with my AppleTV box rather than using the Roku interface that's built into my TCL TV.

actfray

Grip
Real Name
Craig Pearman
I'm now seeing that same compression when I play DVD's (not Blu-Rays). I watched a screener tonight, and the dark scenes looked terrible. Of course, these discs aren't mastered very well (they're for SAG Awards consideration), but I'm now worried that my TV is defective.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks