What's new
World Wide Stereo

Vizio P75, F-1: Best way to purchase advice sought (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Good day folks.
Well if all goes according to plan (knock on wood) next month (July), I'll be buying my birthday gift, the new Vizio P75, F1 for the main home theater setup. What I seek now is advice on the best & least expensive way to purchase.

Options so far are:
1. Vizio Direct.
2. Best Buy (only possible B&M option, not very impressed so far).
3. B&H Video.
4. NewEgg.
5. Amazon.

As I mentioned earlier, Best Buy hasn't impressed me so far as the app doesn't even show this set being available but it is the only B&M option. Vizio Direct might offer a nice 4th Of July deal but no Veteran's discount (but they do offer a 1st time 5% discount). . Checking some of the other vendors to see about Veteran's discounts.

Additionally at the same time, I'll be adding a Sony UBP-X700 UHD Blu-ray player (region free for Blu/DVD).

Any and all good advice welcome.

728x90

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
From a B&M perspective, i'd always point you towards Costco, assuming they carry the P series, though Walmart or Target is also an option. Since Vizio isn't a premium brand with a "Dealer Network", there aren't as many options.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
From a B&M perspective, i'd always point you towards Costco, assuming they carry the P series, though Walmart or Target is also an option. Since Vizio isn't a premium brand with a "Dealer Network", there aren't as many options.

Would have to go a little afield for a Costco (none in Merritt Island). WalMart doesn't seem to carry anything B&M wise higher than a M-Series and those are few & far between. Mostly D & E Series which is why those prices look so tempting, especially on Black Friday. Walmart.com does carry the M Series 55 I want for the bedroom and they could deliver it for pickup at the Cocoa, FL Walmart. No P Series though yet.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Good Day, update time.

If my bank approves my finance plan this week, I'll be making the purchases soon starting with the VIzio P Series 75 and Sony UBP-X700 player. After some shopping around, the candidates are WalMart.com and Costco.com for the TV.

But now a question of protecting my purchase.

Walmart.com offers their protection packages, 2 years for $99 and I think 4 years for $149. Pretty much anything that happens to the TV but I'm not yet 100% sure what all is covered (power surges, etc). I know cracked screens are covered.

Costco does not have a in-house plan but offers protection packages through SquareTrade. And that is my major question now (I may start a separate thread on this).

What is the general consensus on SquareTrade as a TV protection option and what does it cover? Cracked screens appear to be covered but to what extent? And how about power surge damage?

All good input welcome.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
The deed is done. Just put the purchase order in today from Costco.com (after I officially joined Costco, net savings of $40).

On my way to 4K for my Birthday.

(OK so I've had 4K since 2015 on my Vizio M50 but without either HDR10 or Dolby Vision. Not to mention without a 4K Blu-ray player).

Next up, a region-free 4K Blu-ray player. Already decided on the Sony UBP-X700. And yes I know that all 4K Blu discs are region-free but not all my Blus or DVDs. Gotta have I Wanna Hold Your Hand (1978), Region B on up-rezzed Blu.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Drat, Drat and Double Drat.

Already requested a rebate from Costco. Probably too late but give it a try anyway.

Well due to a light leak on the left hand side of the screen this TV is being replaced by a new one on the way. But Costco continues to impress not only expediting TV replacement but a $214 rebate to match their current sale on this TV.

0343067E-32F3-4E7F-BF91-EE8C5C694C32.jpeg

37837EBD-9001-4BE8-9CA7-6C93A7E1D079.jpeg
As for the light leak, it appears to be caused NOT from a cracked screen but the screen was not mated properly to the bezel on that side. Pictures coming shortly but something to look out for. Didn't notice it for about 28 hours but was I disappointed when I found it. Still the PQ was sensational (for a non-OLED screen).

CBDB38B0-E812-48F0-AD77-7048208640D9.jpeg

After shopping around for a 4K calibration tool (no luck), went to my original Disney WOW calibrat6ion disc. Seems to work but no 4K specific tests. Any suggestions welcome as I'll have to calibrate the new TV.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Well due to a light leak on the left hand side of the screen this TV is being replaced by a new one on the way. But Costco continues to impress not only expediting TV replacement but a $214 rebate to match their current sale on this TV.

As for the light leak, it appears to be caused NOT from a cracked screen but the screen was not mated properly to the bezel on that side. Pictures coming shortly but something to look out for. Didn't notice it for about 28 hours but was I disappointed when I found it. Still the PQ was sensational (for a non-OLED screen).

After shopping around for a 4K calibration tool (no luck), went to my original Disney WOW calibrat6ion disc. Seems to work but no 4K specific tests. Any suggestions welcome as I'll have to calibrate the new TV.
For calibration, try googling "vizio p75-f1 calibration". You will get results for suggested settings from rtings.com cnet and other sites. For my Vizio M70-D3, I was fortunate that someone with ISF training and tools on another forum owned the same display and posted his calibration settings for SDR, HDR10 and Dolby Vision. Those settings look spectacular on my display.

I used the rtings.com suggested settings for the Samsung 4K display in our master bedroom, and the results looked much better than I was able to dial in using a 1080p calibration disc -- I don't own a UHD calibration disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks