What's new

UHD Vote for the release of "Ryan's Daughter" on UHD/4K (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
We all have our personal films that seem to be no-brainers for a BD release; but we have to remind ourselves that special restorations and/or transfers do take time.

With the magnitude of film titles that exist; and the race against the clock to preserve; and the lack of monies; et al, it's still truly amazing what has, thus far, been made available to us all. Each title that we are treated to must certainly have had their backstories; from a myriad of logistics, research, timing, funding, et al. There's the "we want it now" side; and then there's the realities that each and every catalog title could never possibly be made available all within the same day, week, month or year...especially when its perfection that we seek or demand from our viewing discs.

Clearly, my hopes are to see "Ryan's Daughter" out on either a BD, UHD or 4K disc; as you, the reader, either agree with me or desire some other personal title. Nonetheless, I shall exercise patience; as this has many times proven to be the route that pays off best. Patience has usually led to utter perfection; i.e. "Oklahoma", "Spartacus", "My Fair Lady", "Lawrence of Arabia", "The Sound of Music", "Gone with the Wind" or "Sunrise", to name but just a very few. Each of these films had very long journeys; with many re-visitations; of getting it better and better and better. And such end results do not come quickly.

I cherish these discs and the exacting work that was put into each restoration and transfer.

When we finally do get to see "Ryan's Daughter" on BD, UHD or 4K disc(s) it will be well worth the wait.

My prediction is that once "Ryan's Daughter" gets unveiled it will be a head-turner, find converts and become among the rarest of game-changers in all matters concerning Home Theater viewing.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks