What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Warner Making HD Remasters (1 Viewer)

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
Warner did a good job remastering Dallas in HD as well as some of their Hanna-Barbera library (Josie and the Pussycats, SuperFriends etc), but what other vintage shows are they remastering from their library?
Are they doing a large group of vintage TV shows? Any short-lived shows? What may we expect to see in HD in the near future?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
Even if the remastering is only for streaming and not to be distributed on Bluray discs it would still be great to see many vintage shows in HD. It would almost be like seeing some of these shows for the first time(looking sharper and clearer).

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Warner did a good job remastering Dallas in HD as well as some of their Hanna-Barbera library (Josie and the Pussycats, SuperFriends etc), but what other vintage shows are they remastering from their library?
Are they doing a large group of vintage TV shows? Any short-lived shows? What may we expect to see in HD in the near future?
I wonder if Colt .45, Temple Houston, No Time For Sergeants, Mister Roberts, Room For One More, The Islanders, and some others could be given the HD treatment?

John*Wells

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah Warner did an awesome job with Dallas. I noticed that this happened with Mx Dugan Returns also. I have the SD DVD version and purchased it from apple and it was in HD. Its a Fox property so Im guessing Disney is doing that too

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
I really wish Fox (Disney) would remaster and distribute the rest of "The Fall Guy". And there are plenty shows I wish CBS Paramount would remaster and distribute from their vintage library.
I just mention Warner here because it's been said that they are remastering much of their library in HD.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
The Lineup, Hotel De Paree, The Great Adventure, and many others CBS could remaster!

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
Getting information from Warner Archive is like pulling teeth.They act obstinent when trying to get them to answer questions about their releases. Who has had good luck in contacting them and getting answered back with information?
Are there certain ways to approach them to be more successful in receiving replies?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Colt .45, Temple Houston, No Time For Sergeants, Mister Roberts, Room For One More, The Islanders, and some others could be given the HD treatment?

The Lineup, Hotel De Paree, The Great Adventure, and many others CBS could remaster!
CBS has no interest in doing anything with the many hundreds of shows in their library which have never been transferred to a tape format. Besides the ones you mentioned, there's also December Bride, Greatest Show on Earth, Whirlybirds, Sheriff of Cochise (US Marshall) and so many others. Especially since the home video division was dissolved and folded into Paramount.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks