What's new

WBShop 4 for $44 Warner Archive Collection Sale on Black Friday (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
31 new titles by my count. I just ordered 16 of the newly on-sale ones myself.
Well that was a dirty trick! And by dirty trick I mean shrewd marketing, first getting people to buy up the older titles thinking that would be all there is this go round and then adding the newer releases to get you again! Of those 31 new titles, 23 are on my wish list. I just need to whittle that down to 8 :(

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Well that was a dirty trick! And by dirty trick I mean shrewd marketing, first getting people to buy up the older titles thinking that would be all there is this go round and then adding the newer releases to get you again! Of those 31 new titles, 23 are on my wish list. I just need to whittle that down to 8 :(
After the 1st 4 they are $11 a piece ... you don't have to order in multiples of 4 after that ...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've never seen the brand new releases as part of the sale.

It's appears the only 2 MSRP $21.99 titles not part of the sale are Superman and the preorder of Auntie Mame.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Is the Superman release officially part of the Warner Archive? I already bought this and don't believe it said Archive anywhere on the package.

The discs themselves say "Warner Archive" but I don't believe it has the banner across the front cover that most of their releases carry.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think when they put out superhero stuff they don't use the banner. Mask Of The Phantasm didn't get one either.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Glad I didn't jump on last week's sale.

They added Doc Hollywood and gave me the fourth title I wanted to make the sale prices take effect.

Still no Superman, but I can live with only finishing up my Audrey Hepburn collection and adding to the Tom Hanks library.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
For those of us who may want to rest our credit cards or need to wait to payday ...

Here is some info from the email I received:
FOR $44 & FREE SHIPPING OFFER DETAILS: Discount is valid only on the Warner Archive titles in the 4 for $44 category/titles across the shop with the 4 for $44 badge. Discount will be taken at time of checkout. Offer not available on prior purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer ends on 12/10/2017 at 11:59pm PST and may be modified or withdrawn at any time.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Any clue when the current sale ends? I've got some titles I'd be interested in but hopefully the sale lasts a little while... the Criterion/Kino/TT sale just about wiped out my movie budget...

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Any clue when the current sale ends? I've got some titles I'd be interested in but hopefully the sale lasts a little while... the Criterion/Kino/TT sale just about wiped out my movie budget...
See post 31 in this thread ... "Offer ends on 12/10/2017 at 11:59pm PST and may be modified or withdrawn at any time."

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
After the 1st 4 they are $11 a piece ... you don't have to order in multiples of 4 after that ...
And I went a little overboard and put in an order for 10 more titles. That's it! No more movie-buying this year! When I receive them they are going right under the Christmas tree, no peeking. :)

Doc Hollywood (BD)
$11.00

Running on Empty (BD)
$11.00

Vision Quest (BD)
$11.00

Summer of '42 (BD)
$11.00

Battle Cry (BD)
$11.00

Brigadoon (BD)
$11.00

Where the Boys Are (BD)
$11.00

Joe Versus the Volcano (BD)
$11.00

The Accidental Tourist (BD)
$11.00

Dolores Claiborne (BD)
$11.00

spacer01.gif

Merchandise Subtotal
$110.00

spacer01.gif

Shipping
FREE
spacer01.gif

Shipping tax
$0.00
spacer01.gif

Tax
$0.00
spacer01.gif

spacer01.gif

spacer01.gif

You Saved!
$133.88

spacer01.gif

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Anyone think we'll see a WBA sale like this soon?
I fully expect one will happen soon. I've exhausted my movie cash flow on the Twilight Time and Kino sales so it's bound to happen. I know the B&N Criterion sale is happening next week so go figure...

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They just had one in late March, so it may be a little while before the next one...but there’s usually very little notice so it could be anytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
totoattack
Recent bookmarks