What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– The Invisible Man – 2020
full

– The Deer Hunter – 1978
full

– Redemption – 2018
full

– Taza, Son of Cochise – 1954
full

– Zombie – 1979
full

– A Midnight Clear – 1992...

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A little dip this week in the recent stream of high-profile new releases hitting the disc market.

But still some mighty fine films (and TV series) making their way to 4k, Blu-ray and DVD this week.

Have fun...and safe shopping! :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you, Mike! As I noted in the thread for last week, I spent a lot on new releases, which I haven't been able to go completely though yet -- and then I also had to get a couple more Twilight Time titles too before it was too late. So I'm very happy to have the week off this week. I might get On A Clear Day You Can See Forever eventually, but feel no need to do so immediately after such an expensive week. I appreciate all of your hard work putting together this Roundup, though.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for another informative RoundUp! Some interesting choices this week. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some good deals.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up Escape From L.A., Maniac and probably Zombie. At some point, I'll get SIlicon Valley and the Scorsese shorts.

The final season of The Deuce was supposed to be released this week too but it's MOD so who knows what's going on there.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

Somehow, my eyes glossed right over that one while looking at the Roundup until you mentioned it. I haven't seen that since it was in theaters, but remember really liking it. That's another one I would like to get at some point. I'm tapped out now though. I hope it's a good disc.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Somehow, my eyes glossed right over that one while looking at the Roundup until you mentioned it. I haven't seen that since it was in theaters, but remember really liking it. That's another one I would like to get at some point. I'm tapped out now though. I hope it's a good disc.

Watched it last night. I haven't seen it since the original Blu-ray came out. Forgot how good it was & that Michael Shannon had a small role in this. This release has a couple new interviews w/ the screenwriter(28 min) & Ethan Hawke(18 min) plus the previous commentary, making-of & trailer. There's no mention of a new transfer/scan, might be a new encode. I did notice some aliasing in certain scenes. I no longer own the previous Blu so not sure if that was present on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softwinsytems13
Recent bookmarks