What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 – 2023
full

– Rio Bravo – 1959
full

– Cinderella – 1950
full

– East of Eden – 1955

full

– The Big Lebowski – 1998
full

– Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – 1986...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Can anyone explain to me why it seems like FOREVER since there’s been a Scarlett Johansson film (old or new) featured in the RoundUp?!?

This is quite a good week in terms of high profile films getting some well-deserved UHD treatment. I hope there’s something for you. Let us know.

Safe shopping, RoundUppers! :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work, Mike!

I will get the new Cinderella for the remastered Blu-ray even though I don't need 4K right now. And I'll probably also pick up Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 to complete the trilogy even though it is my least favorite of their films.

Can anyone explain to me why it seems like FOREVER since there’s been a Scarlett Johansson film (old or new) featured in the RoundUp?!?

Johansson appeared in Asteroid City which opened back in June. Before that, her last two theatrical releases were Sing 2 (as voice talent) and Black Widow (physically on camera) in 2021.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm talking Scarlett films on home video, Jake. There's been a dearth of new Scarlett releases.

C'mon, we're still waiting on an HD release of Scoop! :laugh: Throw us a bone, Scarlett! :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm talking Scarlett films on home video, Jake. There's been a dearth of new Scarlett releases.

Right. I get that. But you asked about old or new. The "new" part of that is she hasn't been in very many theatrical releases of late, which means no discs either. But she was quite good in Asteroid City which will probably be on disc in a couple of months.

Scoop is a catalog title from Focus Features. I don't remember the last time Universal released a Focus Features catalog title on Blu-ray. I've gotten a few that they licensed out to Kino, but nothing from Universal itself. They just don't seem interested in doing that anymore.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I guess she's a new mother, too! I've heard that can monopolize one's time.

But how about a Blu-ray of A Love Song for Bobby Long?!?

fhd005mpt_scarlett_johansson_031-650x352.jpg

This stuff is low-hanging fruit, people! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Apropos of nothing...in The Island, Scarlett wore both a jumpsuit and a ponytail:

theisland_jumpsuits.jpg

You all might've forgotten that if I didn't bring it up.

And Match Point is another Scarlett film that hasn't been released yet in HD:

fhd005mpt_scarlett_johansson_031.jpg

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
Rio Bravo 4K Blu-ray is not available seemingly anywhere. It's SOLD OUT even on Best Buy's website and the price on Amazon jumped to $37.99, which is a price I'm not willing to pay despite being a really big fan of the movie. Amazon is either price gouging because they are the only ones that have it, or the price is a big mistake I'm hoping they will correct soon.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Picked up the UHD release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 at Walmart since they had it for $29.96.

Is there a Walmart exclusive of some kind or did you just get the regular edition?

I definitely did not like the $27.99 price point on the standard Blu-ray. But my local Wal-Mart showed as being out of stock on Guardians and I was already getting Cinderella from Best Buy so I just got it.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Rio Bravo 4K Blu-ray is not available seemingly anywhere. It's SOLD OUT even on Best Buy's website and the price on Amazon jumped to $37.99, which is a price I'm not willing to pay despite being a really big fan of the movie. Amazon is either price gouging because they are the only ones that have it, or the price is a big mistake I'm hoping they will correct soon.
I pre-ordered a copy (06-30-23) from BullMoose for $21.97 when I also pre-ordered the final two seasons of Ozzie&Harriet (before they were delayed). They were the cheapest price I found. Didn't realize the disc would be hard to find.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
A few titles here I'd like to pick up at some point. Guardians 3D is pre-ordered from Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tok
Recent bookmarks