What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Will we see a Tombstone in UHD 4K ? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
No. In fact, I'll probably dump my blu of Tombstone in the "trade in" bag the next time I clean out my collection of movies I no longer want. Hey, you asked!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
AFAIK, Disney/Hollywood only ever released one director's cut on DVD, but it's a gooder. I'm well aware of the authorship (or is that auteur-ship?) issues around this film.

TroyH4

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Troy
Has there been any new updates regarding a possible UHD version or a better improved BR of this movie?

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
First we need to see if Disney ever commits to UHD. If they do, PIxar and Animation, live action smashes like Beauty and the Beast, Marvel and Star Wars will probably be first in line with the format.

Who knows if a title like Tombstone would ever be released on UHD, or at least through Disney.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Has there been any new updates regarding a possible UHD version or a better improved BR of this movie?

No updates as of yet.

As of this time, Disney does not support the UHD format; as long as they do not support the format, there will be no releases on it.

Disney also has not upgraded any of their other Blu-ray releases put out by subsidiaries, and it seems that they've been reducing the number of titles released on disc, and even licensing some out to other companies (though not titles that they themselves have previously issued).

I hate to be all doom and gloom, but I think it is unlikely that there will be any news on this title in the foreseeable future.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I am really wanting to watch this again, but I never got around to buying the 2010 Blu-ray. I don't want to buy it if there's an upgraded Blu-ray or UHD disc coming. Any rumors out there?

ArnoldLayne

Premium
Real Name
Chris
I am really wanting to watch this again, but I never got around to buying the 2010 Blu-ray. I don't want to buy it if there's an upgraded Blu-ray or UHD disc coming. Any rumors out there?
Same here! For $7.64 at Amazon today, I'm ordering. But Josh - what's the latest!

TroyH4

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Troy
Any word if we will see a 4K version of TOMBSTONE? Preferrably the directors cut version in 4k.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The one and only glimmer of hope for seeing the director's cut again is the fact that Nixon got a 2-cut Blu-ray from Kino Lorber. Maybe that's where this will end up.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Being under Disney, I see almost no chance unfortunately for a remaster...at least on physical media.

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
Being under Disney, I see almost no chance unfortunately for a remaster...at least on physical media.

And judging by how they treated Bedknobs and Broomsticks, I'm concerned that we will only get the theatrical cut.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Bedknobs was different since they actually re-cut the original camera negative to put it back together. You can't technically call that a "director's cut" since Robert Stevenson would have had to assist them from beyond the grave. But to go back and undo it for Blu-ray was and is an insult, and so is the absence of many of the other laser/DVD extended cuts they released in anything beyond SD.

The Tombstone director's cut was only done on tape so they would likely have to find and re-scan every scene exclusive to the director's cut. The current international crisis has put the studio in a tight financial spot. Disney+ is not the place for this if they can't even let Splash on there without censorship.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks