What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for your fine review. I'm eagerly awaiting my Blu-ray as I don't have any memory of ever watching this movie beforehand. I believe that George Dolenz was Micky Dolenz's father.
I finally watched my BD today and I have no memory of this movie so this was perhaps my first viewing of it. IMO, the movie is mediocre at best with the best part watching Adams in 3-D.:) Frankly, I thought the video presentation wasn't that great either, though, the 3-D was a fine presentation. I might listen to the audio commentary as Arnold caught my attention with that tidbit about Glenn Ford.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I finally watched my BD today and I have no memory of this movie so this was perhaps my first viewing of it. IMO, the movie is mediocre at best with the best part watching Adams in 3-D.:) Frankly, I thought the video presentation wasn't that great either, though, the 3-D was a fine presentation. I might listen to the audio commentary as Arnold caught my attention with that tidbit about Glenn Ford.

Felt the same way. The cartoon was pretty much the worth of the purchase

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Great work by 3D archive as usual but I’m struggling to get through this film. It just looks... ugly (how it was shot). Doesn’t feel like a western at all. But Julia Adams....yum.:P

Wasn’t that impressed with the Woody Woodpecker cartune either.

Oh well...happy to support @Bob Furmanek and his team.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
I've purchased all the 3D blu ray releases from the golden era and they all hold something special.
Its unbelievable that we see such dedication resurrecting the film from the vaults but we have been gifted them once again.
My late father was a 1950s 3D attendee never missing a new film on screen in London. Many stories were shared aver the years and I continue the fandom

We loved Wings of the Hawk in 3D and I guess the 35mm materials were more than a handful. My goodness 3D film archive have performed wonders with these twilight filmed 3d films and looking at the long shadows on screen many shots were filmed late in the day. Tricky with a 3D camera rig!

Thank you loved KinoLorber and 3D film archive for saving the history when no one else wanted to.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’ve now had a chance to view my copy and I’m extremely satisfied.

I had seen this film once previously in a dual-35mm presentation that was very poor. The two prints had various bits of wear, damage, dirt/debris, and uneven fading. The theater had the polarizing filters installed incorrectly, necessitating that the glasses be held upside-down and backwards for the film. It was really not a great experience.

To actually watch this disc, to be able to put it on and just enjoy without any extra obstacles, that in and of itself was enjoyable. But once I settled in and was able to watch without being in “damage control” mode, my eyes immediately noted the immersive depth and vivid dimensionality of the images. The restored 3.0 audio was also a night and day improvement over the scratchy monaural track that was played at my 35mm screening. I might have been even more impressed by the audio than the visuals - it’s amazing what can be achieved with just three speakers.

The movie itself was fine. For me it was that sort of programmer that I was happy to see but that didn’t linger in my thoughts much beyond the end of the film. I recall liking it far less the first time I saw it, which goes to show what a difference a proper presentation can make.

Definitely recommended for fans of 3D!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
About a dozen extreme pop-outs, some only inches from your face.

Attachments

• IMG_1383.JPG
    IMG_1383.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1384.JPG
    IMG_1384.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1385.JPG
    IMG_1385.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1386.JPG
    IMG_1386.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1387.JPG
    IMG_1387.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1388.JPG
    IMG_1388.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1389.JPG
    IMG_1389.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1390.JPG
    IMG_1390.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1391.JPG
    IMG_1391.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1392.JPG
    IMG_1392.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1393.JPG
    IMG_1393.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1394.JPG
    IMG_1394.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 41

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliedisdisusa
Recent bookmarks