Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Wolfman

Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Thriller

Director: Leigh Whannell

Cast: Christopher Abbott

Release: 2024

Plot: A man becomes afflicted by an ancient curse after he is bitten by a werewolf.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, this would seem to be a follow-up to the Leigh Whannell/Blumhouse remake of Universal's Invisible Man from 2020. I'd thought they were doing a different film, but this seems to be the one moving forward for now.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yes, this would seem to be a follow-up to the Leigh Whannell/Blumhouse remake of Universal's Invisible Man from 2020. I'd thought they were doing a different film, but this seems to be the one moving forward for now.
Is the plan to do modern revisionist takes on all of the classic Universal monster movies? Is this and Invisible Man set in a shared universe?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is the plan to do modern revisionist takes on all of the classic Universal monster movies? Is this and Invisible Man set in a shared universe?
I think they've given up a concept of a shared universe. As far as I've heard, they've decided to work with Blumhouse and Leigh Whanell on a series of stand-alone films based on the Universal monsters after the success of The Invisible Man.

I'd thought they were working on a Dracula film next, and had heard some rumors about an Invisible Woman sequel to the 2020 film, but this is the first I'd heard of them working on a Wolfman story. Not sure if the Renfield and Last Voyage of the Demeter flops changed their minds about Dracula, or if that is still in the works.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Not sure if the Renfield and Last Voyage of the Demeter flops changed their minds about Dracula, or if that is still in the works.

Wow, did Demeter flop? I thought that was one of the better vampire pictures that have been made in some time. Renfield was a comedy and just so-so as far as I was concerned.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Cinemacon Footage Descript

Blumhouse let out a howl at CinemaCon Wednesday, offering its first look at Wolf Man, its reimagining of the classic Universal monsters property.

Wolf Man stars Christopher Abbott as a man whose family is stalked by a dangerous predator. The film recently began production, but an early look revealed that Abbott’s character appears to be that threat.

It features creepy atmospheric shots of the family in the house in the dark. His daughter asks if they are going to die, and he says no. “That’s a lie. Everybody dies eventually,” she says. And sadly for the family, Abbot’s character returns home with a bite on his arm, suggesting he will be transforming into the Wolf Man.

Robert Saccone

Premium
Cinemacon Footage Descript

Blumhouse let out a howl at CinemaCon Wednesday, offering its first look at Wolf Man, its reimagining of the classic Universal monsters property.

Wolf Man stars Christopher Abbott as a man whose family is stalked by a dangerous predator. The film recently began production, but an early look revealed that Abbott’s character appears to be that threat.

It features creepy atmospheric shots of the family in the house in the dark. His daughter asks if they are going to die, and he says no. “That’s a lie. Everybody dies eventually,” she says. And sadly for the family, Abbot’s character returns home with a bite on his arm, suggesting he will be transforming into the Wolf Man.

I hope it is more impressive than it sounds.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks