What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Writers and Actors Strike Effects (1 Viewer)

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
Do you think because of the strikes from writers and actors this will somehow result in the studios and streamers getting old shows out of the vaults that haven't been seen in a long time to fill up the void left by the lack of new content?
I don't know what circumstances would help encourage the studios to get and dust off old shows to air. Or is this a hopeful reach?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Maybe they'll dust off the really old shows, where everyone involved in the making-of is dead, and won't come around asking for residuals.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
What is more likely to happen, and in fact has already begun to happen, is some of the series on streaming platforms will get a run on their respective owned broadcast networks. For example, ABC will be airing the Disney+/Marvel series Ms. Marvel later this summer. When studios were shut down due to COVID, CBS aired the first season of Star Trek: Discovery, and I would not be surprised if CBS ran subsequent seasons or other Paramount+ exclusive shows until after the strikes are resolved and production has ramped back up. NBC will probably air some Peacock-exclusive series, too.

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Speaking of CBS's updated fall schedule...http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/07/17/cbs-announces-fall-2023-programming-556110/20230717cbs01/

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I have to say they made some reasonable choices. Nothing that I want to watch, but reasonable nonetheless. I'm surprised, though, that they aren't trying more neo-Trek, especially the first season of Strange New Worlds.

Pmprod7

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
PM
I don't know--It was just wishful thinking and I was just looking for an excuse for them to go into their vaults and distribute some of the old short lived shows we've been wanting them to release like from the 70's and 80's.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Does anyone know why they stopped doing this? The last one was in Dec. 2019. I haven't read anything about it since.
I don't know? The pandemic shut down a lot of projects for a while. Maybe they'll start it up again? The specials certainly got good ratings in their timeslot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks