What's new

WTC under construction in The French Connection (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
In The French Connection, check out the scene where they are unloading the car from the ship in New York City. When the camera pulls back from the bad guys observing this activity, you can plainly see in the distance one of the World Trade Center towers being constructed. Although not yet completed, it's already looming over every other building in the shot. On top of the tower there are three large construction cranes and you can see through at least two or three of the topmost floors.
After watching heartbreaking footage of our beloved towers crashing down here in 2001, it was nice to catch a brief glimpse of them going up way back in 1971.
God bless.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
It's kinda cool that the construction of one of the towers was immortilized like that. Now I'll definately have to check out the DVD.
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Dave, Thanks for the link. Those are some amazing pictures. One picture I thought was cool was the one showing the contstruction from above. If you look you can see how much of the river they filled in. When that picture was taken across from the road is the river. Now, their are a couple of more buildings and then an apartment complex. These extra buildings would take it past where the docks end. What a shame.

Larry Price

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the link.
After working in Seven WTC for 8 years until 8:48 on 9/11,
these are good to look at.
- Larry
[Edited last by Larry Price on September 25, 2001 at 05:31 PM]

Ernesto Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Visited NYC in 1972 as a kid. At the time the second tower was under construction. Man, what a sight that was to see. The first thing that came to my mind during the attacks was that wonderful memory. Very bittersweet. Thanks for that link, it brought back a lot of memories.
patriot.gif

------------------

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
I just checked out those links that you had listed, Dave. That was very interesting--the way the towers looked in various incarnations, the constructions, the facts, etc. All very interesting. Clearly, a lot of work went into the construction of the entire WTC...and not just the twins themselves. Commendable.
As well as your having worked in WTC 7 for eight years, Larry. I bet that was quite an experience in itself.
As for The Franch Connection, I was wondering how the WTC would fare, be i tthat it was under construction back in the early 1970s as the movie itself came out in 1971. I plan on adding TFC this weekend to get a glimpse of Gene Hackman in action as the omnipresent Popeye Doyle. I surely look forward to all of it.
------------------
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuperMarty88
Recent bookmarks