What's new
World Wide Stereo

XLR cables between AVR and amplifier - where to buy male to male cables? (1 Viewer)

kalm_traveler

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jake
Hey guys, I just realized that my Yamaha RX-A3080 has XLR pre-outs for the main L and R channels, and this Outlaw amplifier I just picked up has XLR inputs for all channels, so I thought perhaps it might be good to use them.

However, on the AVR and amp both connectors are female so I would need male to male cables. I can't seem to find anyone who sells those so what is the solution?

728x90

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think you're looking at the wrong connections. It also has an XLR input pair, which are female, but the pre-out pair is male.

81UIYtaypqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

kalm_traveler

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jake
I think you're looking at the wrong connections. It also has an XLR input pair, which are female, but the pre-out pair is male.

View attachment 111778
1631162130374.png

Your picture doesn't match the one I was looking at, hence the question.

I was looking at this picture from accessories4less.com, which to my eyes seems to show only female XLR connectors.

Anyway, luckily my AVR matches your picture - glad I double checked after your picture didn't match!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks