What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
In You Never Can Tell, A dog solves his own murder in this whimsical fantasy caper film.

You Never Can Tell (1951)

Released: 23 Sep 1951
Rated: Passed
Runtime: 78 min

Director: Lou Breslow
Genre: Comedy, Crime, Fantasy

Cast: Dick Powell, Peggy Dow, Joyce Holden
Writer(s): Lou Breslow, David Chandler

Plot: An ex-army dog inherits a fortune from his eccentric millionaire owner, and which is poisoned, asks the leader in the heaven for animals to send him back to Earth, as a human private investigator, to solve his own murder.

IMDB rating: 7.0
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: Universal
Distributed By: Kino Lorber
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio: 1.37:1...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
A pity more care was not taken with the picture quality of this disc. I might, just might, buy this disc for Joyce Holden.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I usually buy the Blu Rays to replace a DVD if I like the movie enough (and I like this one), but on this one I might just keep the DVD.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Some people really love this movie, I among them, and I pre-ordered it. Even if it's only a bit sharper and a bit cleaner than the old DVD, I'm totally in. Few joyful and fun classic movies like this make it to blu-ray and it is a rare event for me and long hoped for. So, yes, I bought it and loved buying it. I may buy a second in case this one goes bad, but Kino discs seem immune to that which is also a reason for celebration.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Mine arrived yesterday and I'm joyful to report that, through my eyes, the visuals have excellent sharpness and are such an improvement over the old DVD. The "beastatory" scenes are in negative so a bit wonky but were intended to have a haunting dream-like quality. All in all just love this edition!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous01
Recent bookmarks