What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2022 and Still no Archie Bunkers Place S2-4 (1 Viewer)

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I get Antenna TV so I’ve seen most/all the episodes recently. It’s a terribly uneven show. They could never quite figure out what to do it with the premise of Archie without his family.

The first season is mostly set at the bar, and is about Archie and his new partner Murray, with a handful of episodes taking place at home with Edith. Then Edith dies in the second season and they do more shows at home, focusing on Archie and Stephanie. Then Murray leaves and they bring in an older niece for Archie, presumably to do stories that Stephanie was too young for. Then Archie hires a business manager, and Archie’s niece starts dating him, in an effort to duplicate the Mike/Gloria setup. All kinds of recurring characters come and go: the cook, the waiter, the housekeeper, the lady bartender, Stephanie’s grandmother, Stephanie’s friend Amy Bloom and her father, Archie’s new girlfriend Katherine.

You could see that they set up the bar in the later seasons of AITF as a potential setting for the series. But it was so drab and dingy and filled with old men, you’d think that they would have realized earlier that it couldn’t stand on its own as the primary setting for a series.
Although the first season was good, the program really got old and tired by the fourth season. It didn't help matters that Cheers premiered in its final season, thus making the bar in ABP seem even less funny.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Which would be the last episode of ABP and that started her own short-lived series.
It is listed as the last episode of the third season. Gloria premiered during ABP's last season so the pilot would have been the year before.

Paul Mavis

Agent
Real Name
Paul Mavis
Still waiting.... Did Mill Creek lose the rights from Sony? Shout! has AITF now; I wonder if they now have ABP?

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Wondering if there is still demand for this series? Hell, I'd like to see Muppet Shows Season 4 & 5 be finally completed along with a host of other programs that are close to completion, like Mr. Belvidere for example.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Wondering if there is still demand for this series? Hell, I'd like to see Muppet Shows Season 4 & 5 be finally completed along with a host of other programs that are close to completion, like Mr. Belvidere for example.
If Mr. Belvedere gets released they would probably stick the unaired episodes (including two from the fifth season) after the two-part series finale which was aired on ABC.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I would absolutely LOVE to see a Complete Series set of this show as a companion set to AITF! Shout is re-releasing "The Jeffersons" but I am doubting they will put any money into an ABP set. BUT, if they did, I would probably buy 2 copies as I love the characters so much. Would be great to make it REALLY complete and include the episodes for "Gloria" as a bonus. What a set that would be!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I recorded the last 3 seasons off of Crackle, minus a couple that were excluded for some reason. I had never really watched the show but Denise Miller was really adorable.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I recorded the last 3 seasons off of Crackle, minus a couple that were excluded for some reason. I had never really watched the show but Denise Miller was really adorable.
Oddly enough on ABP Denise Miller's boyfriend was played by Barry Gordon while on Fish he was a 29-yr old psychologist supervising the then 14-yr old Miller (similar to Linda Evans playing a friend of John Forsythe's niece on Bachelor Father then his wife on Dynasty.)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Oddly enough on ABP Denise Miller's boyfriend was played by Barry Gordon while on Fish he was a 29-yr old psychologist supervising the then 14-yr old Miller (similar to Linda Evans playing a friend of John Forsythe's niece on Bachelor Father then his wife on Dynasty.)
He joined the show in the 3rd season where at age 33 he played the boyfriend of the 18 year old Miller. How wonderful that must have been for him!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks