What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2024 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
White Sox have already been shut out 7 times this year, in just 19 games. I read someone projecting their being the worst team in the league this year.
They are not good. I watched them some when they played the tigers.

Colorado and Miami are really bad too.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I hope the Yankees don’t come up with that jersey.
When these were first announced three years ago it was said the Yankees weren't interested, but I don't know if MLB has any say over it and they're required to. The only two teams left after this year that won't have them are the Yankees and the Oakland Athletics who haven't known where they're going to be or play, much less what they're going to wear. Does anyone know how long this whole idea is supposed to last after the teams have them?

city-connect-uniforms-all-teams-2024-nike-mlb-baseball-sportslogosnet-10001000-philly.jpg

(The Dodgers are trying a second version this June, even after they altered the first one last year.)

Just curious why were you that opposed to it right from the start?

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
They are not good. I watched them some when they played the tigers.

Colorado and Miami are really bad too.
Marlins are already dead this year, after making the postseason last year. Already too far behind the Braves, and Phils. Has to be discouraging for their fans.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
How hard will it be for the Yankees to come up with a city connect jersey?
It would be easier if they wanted to. They could do some slight alteration and use some red, as it was discovered last year they used red long sleeved undershirts at one time, even in the World Series.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Great messy game between the Mets and Dodgers today! Mets and Dodger both walked a lot of hitters.

No hitter at end of 7 in Philly right now….

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Yankees fans booing Aaron Judge will help him break out of his batting slump.
Lindor has had that too but the Mets fan have been cheering him instead now. Steve cohen posted about it when it was suggested.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
HUnter Wendlestadt all time top five bad umpire tossed Boone for something a person behind the dugout said.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Also that strike call by Hunter was about 6 inches off the plate and that’s what led to Boone getting ejected.

Umpires are a scourge.

I don’t understand how mlb allowed them to get that much power on the field again Decades after many of them were fired.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I don't know what kind of rules each and every MLB stadium has nowadays for attending games, but I was just reading about comedienne Elayne Boosler being denied entrance to the Dodgers/Mets game last Sunday because she was carrying a purse designed like a baseball (white with red stitching) and they wouldn't let her in because the policy of bringing things into the stadium is this: Backpacks/Bags/Purses: Only adult diaper bags, diaper bags that accompany infants, clear plastic bags smaller than 12”X12”X6”, and non-clear wristlets/clutches no larger than 5”x8”x2” are permitted and subject to search.

This isn't new. I recall the first time I was aware of it and that was nearly 25 years ago. Before that day I usually brought a small Dodgers gym bag, an item that was given out at one game as a promotion. I was kind of shocked when the day occurred I was told I couldn't bring in something the "Dodgers" actually gave us when we came to a game. New rules. And, like Elayne, they said you could throw it out or return it to your car. Well, of course, no one wants to throw out anything they've brought with them. For a lot of people, returning to their car is also going to be a quite a long hike, often in hot weathr and possibly up and down several hills & or steep staircases. If I'd been by myself that day I would have come by bus, so then what? I was with a friend who'd driven that day so... Now with ticket, concession and parking prices what they are, I basically go by myself and to less games because others I know would rather not pay the money involved.

They really don't want you to bring a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g into the stadium. Not even cash so they're now cashless. (Are other stadiums like that?) Their concession to this is that if you actually have money, you have to go to a machine, insert the money and you get what amounts to a credit card to use at the stadium. Which means they make money off this because you're never going to use it right up to the exact amount, but you are apt to spend nearly all you load on it. Anyway, Elayne had to follow the rules and chose her course of action.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I don't know what kind of rules each and every MLB stadium has nowadays for attending games, but I was just reading about comedienne Elayne Boosler being denied entrance to the Dodgers/Mets game last Sunday because she was carrying a purse designed like a baseball (white with red stitching) and they wouldn't let her in because the policy of bringing things into the stadium is this: Backpacks/Bags/Purses: Only adult diaper bags, diaper bags that accompany infants, clear plastic bags smaller than 12”X12”X6”, and non-clear wristlets/clutches no larger than 5”x8”x2” are permitted and subject to search.

This isn't new. I recall the first time I was aware of it and that was nearly 25 years ago. Before that day I usually brought a small Dodgers gym bag, an item that was given out at one game as a promotion. I was kind of shocked when the day occurred I was told I couldn't bring in something the "Dodgers" actually gave us when we came to a game. New rules. And, like Elayne, they said you could throw it out or return it to your car. Well, of course, no one wants to throw out anything they've brought with them. For a lot of people, returning to their car is also going to be a quite a long hike, often in hot weathr and possibly up and down several hills & or steep staircases. If I'd been by myself that day I would have come by bus, so then what? I was with a friend who'd driven that day so... Now with ticket, concession and parking prices what they are, I basically go by myself and to less games because others I know would rather not pay the money involved.

They really don't want you to bring a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g into the stadium. Not even cash so they're now cashless. (Are other stadiums like that?) Their concession to this is that if you actually have money, you have to go to a machine, insert the money and you get what amounts to a credit card to use at the stadium. Which means they make money off this because you're never going to use it right up to the exact amount, but you are apt to spend nearly all you load on it. Anyway, Elayne had to follow the rules and chose her course of action.
Yes. Bags are not allowed at all. The secret is to put a bag in your pocket and then go through security then use the bag. Not that I would ever do such a thing….

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Yes. Bags are not allowed at all. The secret is to put a bag in your pocket and then go through security then use the bag. Not that I would ever do such a thing….
Correction. I recall last summer in Minneapolis we could bring a bag in to the park. In Atlanta no bags are allowed though.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Correction. I recall last summer in Minneapolis we could bring a bag in to the park. In Atlanta no bags are allowed though.

Well, certainly saves me the $$$ and trouble of trying to attend some Yankees games again if so (for all of MLB)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks