SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: Ocean's 8 (2018)

Tagline: Every con has its pros

Genre: Crime, Comedy, Action, Thriller

Director: Gary Ross

Cast: Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Sarah Paulson, Awkwafina, Rihanna, Helena Bonham Carter, Richard Armitage, James Corden, Dakota Fanning, Elliott Gould, Shaobo Qin, Marlo Thomas, Dana Ivey, Mary Louise Wilson, Elizabeth Ashley, Daniella Rabbani, Alexander Blaise, Charles Prendergast, Timothy Woods, Migs Govea, Gideon Glick, Richard Robichaux, Shannon Freyer, Nathanya Alexander, James Biberi, Midori Francis, Conor Donovan, Michael Gandolfini, Brian Anthony Wilson, Steven Hauck, David Gibson, Simon Feil, Suzanne Jaehne, Griffin Dunne, Nea Dune, Shade Rupe, Marko Caka, Frank Modica, Katrina E. Perkins, Candice A. Buenrostro, Bridget Gabbe, Amelie McKendry, Kenneth Maharaj, Abigail Rich, Marcos A. Gonzalez, Morgan Cohen, Rajeev Pahuja, Sophia Smith, Robbie DeRaffele, Jonathan Gregg, Samantha Cocozza, Annabelle Chow, George Walsh, Takako Haywood, Elizabeth Inghram, Bridget Russell Kennedy, Portia Backus, Emmy Elliott, Ronald Scott Maestri, Vitaly Andrew LeBeau, Chris Banks, Nathaniel Beal, John Buscemi, Dean Morris, Richard R. Corapi, D Ivery, Salvatore DiSanto, Stefan Ackermann, Oscar Pavlo, Michael D. Joseph, Cooper Carrell, Justin S Kirkland, Ashlee Renz-Hotz, Joshua Salvador, Angela Bilkic, Ana Valdes, Friday Chamberlain, Doris McCarthy, Adriana Lima, Alexander Wang, Anna Wintour, Common, Derek Blasberg, Gigi Hadid, Hailey Bieber, Heidi Klum, Jaime King, Katie Holmes, Kendall Jenner, Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner, Lauren Santo Domingo, Lily Aldridge, Maria Sharapova, Nina Cuso, Olivia Munn, Serena Williams, Sofia Richie, Waris Ahluwalia, Zac Posen, Charlotte Kirk, Faith Logan

Release: 2018-06-07

Runtime: 110

Plot: Debbie Ocean, a criminal mastermind, gathers a crew of seven other female thieves to pull off the heist of the century at New York's annual Met Gala.

DRBe0DjWkAAPACz.jpg

Director: Gary Ross
Writers: Olivia Milch, Gary Ross

IMDb

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
TBH, I'm kind of looking forward to this film unlike the female Ghostbusters film. No doubt a film in which some males underestimate the abilities of this group of females. Not so much different than from real life.:)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm new to this franchise, having never seen the previous Ocean's films. Could someone please explain to me what they're doing here?

Since those were 11-12-13, does that mean this one (8) is a prequel? If this one is 8, then a hypothetical new trilogy would be 8-9-10 leading into 11-12-13.

Alternatively, do I need to have seen those in order to understand or like this one? Or am I overanalyzing here?

Thanks.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm new to this franchise, having never seen the previous Ocean's films. Could someone please explain to me what they're doing here?

Since those were 11-12-13, does that mean this one (8) is a prequel? If this one is 8, then a hypothetical new trilogy would be 8-9-10 leading into 11-12-13.

Alternatively, do I need to have seen those in order to understand or like this one? Or am I overanalyzing here?

Thanks.
This film of female crooks is being led by Danny Ocean's sister being played by Sandra Bullock. I think they named this one Ocean's 8 is because that's the number of individuals in her crew.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As I mentioned before, I'm uninitiated as far as this franchise goes. But I've gotta say, that looks fun.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'd much rather a spinoff, like this, than yet another gender-swapped remake. Part of the fun of the trailer is seeing Sandra Bullock put together a team with more or less the same set of skills as the Eleven team, but with very different backgrounds and circumstances.

Gary Ross is a generally solid filmmaker, and the screenwriter has David Milch for a dad and a well-regarded screenplay on the Black List.

As with the original, they've assembled a hell of a cast.

I think they named this one Ocean's 8 is because that's the number of individuals in her crew.
It also leaves them room for sequels 9 and 10 before they bump up against the Soderbergh movies.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks