What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Ocean's 8 (2018) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll be going to the 4:00 p.m. showing today. I noticed theaters are now offering 4:00 showings for movies opening on Thursday, when 7:00 p.m. was the previous earliest showing. Are other areas of the country doing the same?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It appears so Robert, at least here in Phoenix. Quite a few of the theaters in my area are offering 4:00PM showings today.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Another attempt to artificially boost the Friday and first weekend grosses, most likely.

They love to boast about Thursday "preview" numbers on Friday, but then they include those totals in the Friday grosses as well, boosting those higher. They end up getting double mileage out of the practice with the press, but it's all just smoke and mirrors.

I wish the press would wake up and report the actual Friday and weekend grosses, excluding the "preview" numbers.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Another attempt to artificially boost the Friday and first weekend grosses, most likely.

They love to boast about Thursday "preview" numbers on Friday, but then they include those totals in the Friday grosses as well, boosting those higher. They end up getting double mileage out of the practice with the press, but it's all just smoke and mirrors.

I wish the press would wake up and report the actual Friday and weekend grosses, excluding the "preview" numbers.
That may be true, but I always wanted an earlier Thursday showing than 7:00 p.m. so I can avoid people that left work and make that showing so crowded.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thought it was okay, fairly pedestrian. Debbie (Bullock's character) was a bit too understated for me. Tough to manage a ton of new characters and still get the heist portion of the film going, so not going to be too hard on at aspect of the script.

Overall, will play to the female demographics.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thought it was okay, fairly pedestrian. Debbie (Bullock's character) was a bit too understated for me. Tough to manage a ton of new characters and still get the heist portion of the film going, so not going to be too hard on at aspect of the script.

Overall, will play to the female demographics.
I agree with you Patrick. It was alright, but nothing outstanding. I do like the female aspect of the story line.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just saw this. The title itself is a huge spoiler. Spoils one plot point right at the beginning. Like 1 hour in advance.

It was ok. I don't get it
Why didn't they switch the necklace? At the moment of robbery why didn't they put the fake one? It would have been a lot cleaner, not alerting everyone. When they "found" the fake necklace and returned it, it should have been a huge alert for them to check and see immediately that it is fake

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Rented the Blu-Ray of this tonight from the Redbox. I liked it a lot. Gary Ross knows how to make a movie, and he assembled one hell of a cast.

My main complaint is that things went a little too tidily; Sandra Bullock's character came up with a plan, and it went off with only minor hiccups.

Still, I'd definitely be up for a sequel with this cast, or a co-ed crossover that mixed and matched between Danny's crew and Debbie's crew.

Debbie (Bullock's character) was a bit too understated for me.
I thought it was brilliant casting. Bullock is one of only a very small handful of actresses with the onscreen persona that the role demanded.

Just saw this. The title itself is a huge spoiler. Spoils one plot point right at the beginning. Like 1 hour in advance.
Luckily for me, I'm not that good at counting!

It was ok. I don't get it
Why didn't they switch the necklace? At the moment of robbery why didn't they put the fake one? It would have been a lot cleaner, not alerting everyone. When they "found" the fake necklace and returned it, it should have been a huge alert for them to check and see immediately that it is fake
There were two reasons:
Debbie wanted to make sure there was maximum suspicion about the necklace, so that she could later pin it on Claude Becker to get payback for him framing her five years ago.

Also, they needed the hall evacuated so that Yen could steal the other necklaces.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I agree with the sentiments above that it was entertaining.

My wife loved it tho. :P

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll be revisiting it with my 4K/UHD disc this week. I thought it was okay so I'm hoping I like it more the second time around.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It didn't need counting. They kept repeating we need 7, we are 7. At one point you just say to yourslef, hey, this is called Ocean's 8! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks