What's new

What shows are you currently recording? (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I started doing Trackdown, even though they run 23 minutes. Haven’t sat down yet and checked to see if they are cut or timesped. There are questions regarding video rights so its likely not going to see a DVD release. I have them previously from old airings, which are probably more complete but also from beat up 16mm prints. I also just recorded the run of Fantastic Journey on GET. Running times are all over the place. The second episode came in super short at around 41 minutes but some ran 48 minutes. Would love to know why that happened.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

tlc38tlc38

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trent
I got seasons 8 & 9 of "The Beverly Hillbillies" on my DVR. I need to put them on DVDs.

I also record "Days of our Lives" every weekday.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Last month Trackdown rolled around to where I started on Heroes and Icons. I missed one episode and I think they skipped one. I wanted something to watch with breakfast. I still use VHS and may watch it all again, but may record over it.

I started on the Cisco Kid TV show, but as a time shift and am not saving them. I am curious to see if they show all 156 episodes. I finally opened my VCI Cisco sets (80 episodes) so some of them I will be watching twice. I really like the music in the show. I also bought the VCI collections of the Duncan Renaldo Cisco Kid movies, 7 of 8 features. I already had the Gilbert Roland sets. I down loaded the Warner Baxter and Cesar Romero Cisco features from YouTube. Fox Archives has 4 or 5 of those out.

Last month, I recorded, from Decades, Lancer Season 1 and three episodes of Season 2. They did not show the long version of the pilot. I expect the rest of Season 2 to show up on a Decades Binge sooner or later.

I'm at the point where saving everything is not necessary. I just enjoy seeing the shows again, or in some cases for the first time. I still might buy them if they are actually released on DVD.

I do have a stand alone tuner that records over the air to USB. That may be the way I'll go in the future for some things.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I also recorded Lancer, although I missed the first 2. They're cut to 46 minutes, which is still better than the old USA airings which were even shorter. Has the show run anywhere complete in the taping era? Not an important show for me anyway.

Decades has another Our Miss Brooks marathon this weekend. I have to check to see if they are running any that I'm missing from ME-TV.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Decades is showing a single episode of OUR MISS BROOKS, each day, M-F at 10AM Eastern. They started with the second episode of Season 4 and are going forward for the next few weeks according to the schedule. Looks like they skipped the Christmas episode. The schedule shows this week, the Binge is Laverne and Shirley.

Lancer was shown somewhere. There was a rather poor low rez upload of both seasons on YouTube, a few years back. The uploader took off the opening and closing credits and most of the episodes still ran 48 minutes.

Another ongoing YouTube download project is Ozzie and Harriet. I think YouTube is missing only about 60 of the, is it, 435 episode run. Many of them are in the 29 min. range with original commercials.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I've been recording the old soap opera, The Doctors, off the Retro TV channel daily since last November.

Another ongoing YouTube download project is Ozzie and Harriet. I think YouTube is missing only about 60 of the, is it, 435 episode run. Many of them are in the 29 min. range with original commercials.

Retro is changing their schedule soon, and they'll be airing Ozzie and Harriet daily so I'll be recording that in the hopes that they'll air some episodes that are missing from the Millcreek Essential and other DVD sets I already own.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
If Retro shows the same batch they showed a couple of years ago, there are some that are not on the Millcreek and Shout sets. I was watching an O&H ,live, about a tuxedo, on Retro, back then, and stopped recording because I thought I had the episode in multiple on other DVD sets, but turns out it was a different tuxedo story. O&H sure did a lot of tuxedo stories. In the one I did not record, Ozzie and, surprisingly, Harriet break into a tuxedo shop to get David's tuxedo! Steal the wrong one! And don't really get caught!

Tom.W

Second Unit

Thanks for that tip. At least some consolation for those frustrated by the lack of progress on the Ozzie restoration project.

I recorded Trackdown the first time through on H & I. Haven't gotten around to watching carefully enough to see if they're timesped.

I'm recording Burns & Allen and Jack Benny. Also Password and Names the Same for the original commercials off Buzzr. Frustrating trying to get new episodes of What's My Line?, I've Got a Secret, and To Tell the Truth with the same episodes being recycled. I recorded these on VHS from Game Show Network. I'm capturing them digitally from Buzzr for ease of access.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Drew Carey Show on Laff.

And, after timing out a S4 Episode and doing some quick comparisons with runtimes of the other shows of the era, it looks like they just might be airing the show uncut.

Of course, 22 minutes isn't exactly something that would need cutting, but I've seen old TBS versions under 20 minutes.

So fingers crossed, I guess. Let a couple more seasons build up, then it's converting time.

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
I too have been recording Drew Carey Show as well on Laff last summer. What was nice they were showing Drew Carey during the day for like 5 hours in a row (in episode order). I have a ton of discs to go thru and edit out the commercials. I think I recorded them twice thru the whole series run (there were a couple days that the old DVD recorder messed up on me.....so I just kept recording them. So I have LOTS of DVDs to go thru!!! I am almost afraid to edit them cause I know once I finish, Shout Factory or WB will decide to put the series out on DVD!!! LOL (in my dreams right?) :) In any case, it' my next project to work on.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I too have been recording Drew Carey Show as well on Laff last summer. What was nice they were showing Drew Carey during the day for like 5 hours in a row (in episode order). I have a ton of discs to go thru and edit out the commercials. I think I recorded them twice thru the whole series run (there were a couple days that the old DVD recorder messed up on me.....so I just kept recording them. So I have LOTS of DVDs to go thru!!! I am almost afraid to edit them cause I know once I finish, Shout Factory or WB will decide to put the series out on DVD!!! LOL (in my dreams right?) :) In any case, it' my next project to work on.

Oh, they're still showing, like, a four hour block per day.

Empty Nest, too, which might be another recording project if it winds up being uncut.

The last show I recorded was Archie Bunker's Place. I didn't get around to it until after the old Family Net channel had changed to all cowboys, all the time. And one single episode cut off with something like 8 minutes left in the show. Had to search around for ages to find that last 8 minutes to watch.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Here are the shows I am recording currently or when they start back up again.

Gotham
Designated Survivor
Lethal Weapon
Marvel Agents Of Sheild

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Broken Arrow
Deception
Designated Survivor
Have Gun, Will Travel
Hill Street Blues
The Incredible Hulk
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
My Three Sons
The Roy Rogers Show
Star Wars Rebels
Timeless

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Retro is changing their schedule soon, and they'll be airing Ozzie and Harriet daily so I'll be recording that in the hopes that they'll air some episodes that are missing from the Millcreek Essential and other DVD sets I already own.
I want to set my TiVo for that! Do you know when will they start to air?

EDIT: Well, it appears I don't get RetroTV. That's a bummer. There are a lot of these retro television stations I do get: AntennaTV, CoziTV, Decades, Heroes & Icons, MeTV, MyTV, ThisTV, but no RetroTV.

Last edited:

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I record “The Walking Dead”, “Fear The Walking Dead”, “The Orville”, “Star Trek Discovery”, “Star Wars Rebels”, and “Krypton” (one episode so far).

I usually use my PVR, transfer them to the hard drive on my DVD recorder, edit out the ads, and I always dub them to DVD-RW. I replace these with the Blu-ray sets when they come out and re-use the DVD-RWs. After all that work, I don’t end up watching the home made versions. They are just in case versions, recorded in case the show does not end up on disc. I learned my lesson with “Galavant”.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Davidj, The tuner I have is an Ematic digital tuner. I have it plugged into a VCR connected to the old CRT TV. I purchased it at Amazon. There are other brands of digital tuners with USB recording function, at Amazon. I am not sure the Ematic is still being made.

It is very handy for watching the videos I have downloaded to the computer from YouTube, transferred to the USB, on a bigger TV. I bought a second Ematic , used, for my widescreen TV, which is too old or small to have USB video playback. The USB on that TV only will show still photos.

I am ashamed to admit I had not figured out how to do recording to USB on it until a few minutes ago. What do you know, it works!! I figured out how to record in real-time. I'll figure out timer recording and time shifting some other time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks